Mine wasn’t moving when I got it, maybe just the finish on the pipe “glued” it together, I took some ratchet straps to it, made a nice pop sound and then it moved pretty easily. But yes I did get it to fit and it sounds beautifullyMine mounted right up. The cross tube is really just a guide, the pipes spread apart that last little bit very easy. Place one, then placed the other. The fairing removal and reinstall took longer than removing the old and placing the new. Maybe I was just lucky.
I ended up putting the DB Killer in, no change in power and a bit better on the ears.I just installed this exhaust system yesterday. Sounds amazing. Heck, I might end up putting the DB reducer in... maybe.
I had the same exact issue with the header pipes. Luckily, I was able to spread them out further with my hands. They budged at the small cross tube giving me the clearance I needed. The install instructions suck though. They’re real basic and don’t provide many pics. No torque specs, just “torque to mfg.’s specs.” Removing and reinstalling the fairings took longer than the actual exhaust install.