Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on the Yoshimura exhaust and omg does it sound amazing, backfires and pops are nice af. Also did the first service and it's nice to have the motor fully broken in and I can use the whole RPM range.
This bike ended up being so much better than I thought it'd be!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you have to get an ECU flash for yours? If you didn't wouldn't you be worried about damage to the bikes motor?

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not at all. I'm getting a ECU flash from a shop in San Diego in a couple weeks but no the motor will be fine by the time I get it done. It's perfectly safe

·
Registered
9 Posts
That shit looks fire. I can’t wait to install mines. I hate seeing my R77 sitting in the box. Do you mind me asking how much you pay to install. Live in NYC and these mofos are asking a lot to install. I have a buddy of mines who is pretty decent mech. But I’m afraid to let him install my R77 on my R7. Telling me he found a youtube video how to install.

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lmao I was in the same boat, my local shop is pretty chill. This full exhaust is illegal here in Ca but I've been going there for the past couple years so they did it for me and I watched cuz I also seen the install video but wasn't 100% sure. The video goes over a lot but it's better to have someone do it just in case something goes wrong. I had a couple bolts that didn't wanna come loose and almost stripped. If I was at home they'd of 100% got stripped and be stuck in there.

Also no one told me and the yoshi YouTube video didn't do it justice but this pipe is loud and backfires like a rally car lol seriously. I'm putting the silencer that comes with it in tmrw. Here in Ca CHP love to pull us over for shit like this and find out it's a full exhaust, they'll tow my bike and send me walking home they don't give AF.

Sorry, install for this and the flush mount side markers at the same time was $170

Send pics when yours is done!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lmao I was in the same boat, my local shop is pretty chill. This full exhaust is illegal here in Ca but I've been going there for the past couple years so they did it for me and I watched cuz I also seen the install video but wasn't 100% sure. The video goes over a lot but it's better to have someone do it just in case something goes wrong. I had a couple bolts that didn't wanna come loose and almost stripped. If I was at home they'd of 100% got stripped and be stuck in there.

Also no one told me and the yoshi YouTube video didn't do it justice but this pipe is loud and backfires like a rally car lol seriously. I'm putting the silencer that comes with it in tmrw. Here in Ca CHP love to pull us over for shit like this and find out it's a full exhaust, they'll tow my bike and send me walking home they don't give AF.

Sorry, install for this and the flush mount side markers at the same time was $170

Send pics when yours is done!
Damm that’s a gd price. So far I’ve found a a deal for 200.00. Well thank god here in nyc we can get away with the sound. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey GnarDoggs, looking good! Can you please let us know what brand your front side turn signals are, and where you got them?
thank you

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey GnarDoggs, looking good! Can you please let us know what brand your front side turn signals are, and where you got them?
thank you
Tst industries go to there website and they'll help you. They don't show up under the R7 page. There just Yamaha flush mount side markers. The way they wire in though, they cancel the daytime running lights. I was cool with that tho 🤷

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tst industries go to there website and they'll help you. They don't show up under the R7 page. There just Yamaha flush mount side markers. The way they wire in though, they cancel the daytime running lights. I was cool with that tho 🤷
Thanks for the info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts