Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping people can help document the pertinent dimensions and configuration of the stock rotors to make shopping for rotors easier. I'll be sticking with stock for a while but have been casually looking around and have been completely frustrated by vendors' failure to specify dimensions on their products. Products are usually listed by bike and those lists of bikes look like they haven't been updated in 10 years. My goal here is to have some validated information in this post that Google can index and make this more discoverable.

The only published spec that can easily be found is the OD of 298mm for the front discs; 245mm for the rear. I've read on an R1 forum that Yamaha usually uses an 80mm PCD for sport bikes but can't verify. The R3 uses ø298mm on the front so maybe those bolt right on.

For those that bought rotors that fit, what were they? Some people on here got Galfers (what model no.), some got discs designed for an MT-09 (I think ø300mm front vs. the R7's ø298mm but probably not enough of a difference to warrant a spacer). Any issues with fitment?

(Terms below pulled from here. Also, I'm trying not to be lazy by asking and not measuring myself but my bike is miles away in a shop awaiting parts, so not at hand to measure.)

Front rotor
Outside Diameter (OD): 298mm
Inside Diameter (ID): ??
Bolt hole diameter: ??
Pitch circle diameter (PCD): ??
Thickness: ??
Offset: ??
Bolt Hole Type: Counter bore? Counter sunk? Straight?
Number of bolts:
Weight:

Rear rotor
Outside Diameter (OD): 245mm
Inside Diameter (ID): ??
Bolt hole diameter: ??
Pitch circle diameter (PCD): ??
Thickness: ??
Offset: ??
Bolt Hole Type: Counter bore? Counter sunk? Straight?
Number of bolts:
Weight:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts