Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
For the brake it needs to be a Brembo compatible radial brake lever, they connect to and actuate the master cylinder different that other brands. The R7 has brand new master cylinder, the specs for it do not seem to be listed anywhere yet and I saw no markings on the master. I have a Brembo RCS-19 on another bike, when I have time I'll take the lever off it and see how it fits and functions on the R7.
Did you do this yet? Curious if the RCS-19 is a confirmed fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To be sure I'm understanding correctly... the 2021 MT07 brake levers are black and adjustable? Do you mean it can move closer to the bar?

I much prefer the black for looks, but I primarily want to be able to bring the lever closer... and am having a hard time finding Brembo brake levers that are adjustable in that way. (Like the CRG clutch lever linked above.)
Yes, but the brake side won't fit the R7. Only the clutch side which is not adjustable will fit. Funny how the silver clutch lever costs $66 and the black only $18 for the exact same lever!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, but the brake side won't fit the R7. Only the clutch side which is not adjustable will fit. Funny how the silver clutch lever costs $66 and the black only $18 for the exact same lever!
Oh, I misunderstood - it sounded like they would work based on your post, sorry. Darn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That looks promising, but it says:
“DOES NOT WORK WITH BREMBO RCS”

And I think the R7 is RCS from what I gather above…?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The stock lever uses a BEB- part # like other parts that are unique to the R7 so there's probably nothing out there yet to replace it with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The stock lever uses a BEB- part # like other parts that are unique to the R7 so there's probably nothing out there yet to replace it with.
Yeah I'm sure it's a new part for Yamaha, they've already said as much. But I'd be shocked if this MC is also a brand new part for Brembo - maybe, but if it's not it means there are brembo levers out there that fit. It's a 16mm piston, not sure on the offset. The 16x18 that I ordered was really close to fitting.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts