Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What type of leathers are everyone using???
Let's use this to learn... likes, dislikes etc.
I myself have been out of the game for awhile and just got back into the racing game.

Myself I have tried several options before for race leathers... AGV, Texport, Spidi
All had advantages and disadvantages.

This time around I went with with a custom ONE X. The process was super easy, fun, affordable and let's be honest I'm not off the shelf fit anymore lol
I went with a ONE X kangaroo leather, I have always had good luck with kangaroo leather in the past with abrasion, year resistance, microbial resistance etc. So I went with the extra cost. I also plan on. Wearing a Alpinestars tech Air 5 vest since I want the protection, so yes I went with a AIR model with expansion areas. Also went with a custom kangaroo glove to which to me always is very important.

I am very happy how the suit came out how it fits etc. How it works is more important

Let hear what others are using

Attachments

Reactions: Vansmack

·
Registered
489 Posts
[QUOTE="Torchsport, post:
Any likes or dislikes?
I have not found anything bad yet. Super comfy and I can get in and out of it myself easily, even sweaty. Well, we'll see how that goes when it's 100+ out. Excellent venting, we'll see how that goes when it's colder. I had the extra flex panel added at the waist for easier movement.

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
54 Posts
I've got a custom 2-piece stage 2 cowhide HEROIC suit.
Helmet Wheel Sports gear Tire Motorcycle

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
54 Posts
Thanks XCLR8TN, now I'll have to paint my scooter. LOL
haha! I had to have it when I saw it while looking for scooters. And it was CHEAPER than the black version! PFFT!

Reactions: Vansmack

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 2 one piece suits, an old Fieldsheer I got in 2009, very comfortable. An a Cortech I got last Xmas. I am very disappointed in the Cortech, it’s a beautiful suit but for some reason it’s very uncomfortable. The 1st one I got was a large and it was too small, sent it back and got an extra large. I can’t wear my Icon back protector with it comfortably. I am 5’9 about 175 lbs and it’s tight in the upper body with the back protector in. Thinking of going with a different back protector. I can’t send it back now after a year.
Sports uniform Helmet Sports gear Jersey Sportswear
Sports uniform Sports gear Leg Jersey Helmet
Black Workwear Sleeve Helmet Sportswear

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

I have several leather jackets and pants I wear at the track which are sooooooo comfortable!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts