Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try to figure out where a novice such as myself could race and become somewhat competitive on the west coast. I'm aware of the Twins Cup on MotoAmerica. Any other organizations I should look in? Not trying to get smoked by a bunch of Duc 749's...etc......

·
Registered
23 Posts
What level do you ride at the track? A few orgs on the East coast will not let you race until you are at the intermediate level. You can be slow as molasses but you have to be an intermediate level track rider.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I’ve taken level 1 with Cali Superbike School a few years back and 3 local track days running at the front of the slow group. I’ll be moving up to intermediate at the next track day. I may take level 2 with CSS in the fall or take a new racers school with the chuckwalla organization.
Right now I’m thinking of running in Formula 40. I’m of age at 46. Not quite geezer level but getting close!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am curious as well which group they will put the R7 & RS660 in with my current race org in the East. I race my Ninja 400 in the lite bike series which includes bikes under 500 cc’s. Both the R7 & RS 660 are too under powered to run in the 600 super sport class, and over powered to run in the lite bike series. So a class like the twin cup in Moto America would make sense, the R7 & RS660 & Ninja 650, Suzuki 650 twin etc. I will ask this weekend at my next track day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts