Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I’m from California and I put a deposit down a few months ago on the new 2023 R7 intensity white and had some question to better prepare myself for when they give me the call to pick it up.

This is going to be the first bike I’ve ever bought so can anyone please give me some tips or advice on how to NOT get overcharged by the dealer? Also just general knowledge that I should be aware of before going in and actually signing the papers would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2022 YZF-R7 60th Anniversary Edition
19 Posts
I bought the R7 60th Anniversary a couple of months ago and that was my first bike as well. I believe they charged me $100 to deliver it and one of the guys brought it on a flatbed. Went to the dealership a few days prior to finalize the payment and paperwork

· a d m i n
‘23 R7 in Black, otw.
64 Posts
I worked years ago in the powersports industry, (sales and then finance, 5 summers total), so you can ask anything, and hopefully I can help:

Given the limited supply of Yamahas inbound, msrp is the price, some mark-up on top of msrp.

Freight & surplus ship charges add on $750, (this is on Yammi’s website).

Prep/build/pre-delivery inspection, is another fee, but every dealer quotes diff prices).

Title, registration and taxes are dependent on which State you dwell, (5 States don‘t charge Sales Tax, you’re lucky if you dwell in one of these).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts