Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI - I placed an order with Sharkskinz a week or so ago (SharkSkinz Race Fairings | Road Race Bodywork | IOneMoto) and just emailed them for an update, sounds like they are about 5-6 weeks behind. You may want to get an order in now if you're interested. They're producing 1 set per day and have a backlog of 25+ orders.

The other big maker (Woodcraft - Armour Bodies) hasn't even started yet, and I don't even think they've got a bike. Probably a while before we see those. Not sure about Hotbodies.

Good news is that I've been corresponding with Woodcraft's president, Eric, and sent them my rearsets and they've already got some prototypes on the way to me. Once I verify fitment and send them some photos they can get started on producing rearsets. (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI - I placed an order with Sharkskinz a week or so ago (SharkSkinz Race Fairings | Road Race Bodywork | IOneMoto) and just emailed them for an update, sounds like they are about 5-6 weeks behind. You may want to get an order in now if you're interested. They're producing 1 set per day and have a backlog of 25+ orders.

The other big maker (Woodcraft - Armour Bodies) hasn't even started yet, and I don't even think they've got a bike. Probably a while before we see those. Not sure about Hotbodies.

Good news is that I've been corresponding with Woodcraft's president, Eric, and sent them my rearsets and they've already got some prototypes on the way to me. Once I verify fitment and send them some photos they can get started on producing rearsets. (y)
My wife's R7 should be with Hotbodies to develop bodywork. They are backlogged as well. I'll see if I can get an ETA

·
Registered
121 Posts

Woodcraft is still sending IG posts looking for a bike. They are a bit remote, it's got to be tough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi friends

What is the difference between the track and the serial or source?

I say it because if I change maybe the front fender or the lower part of the fairing

I need the light but the rest could change, but would it improve anything?

Thank you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi friends

What is the difference between the track and the serial or source?

I say it because if I change maybe the front fender or the lower part of the fairing

I need the light but the rest could change, but would it improve anything?

Thank you
If you're not tracking or racing the bike there is no advantage to these. They are fiberglass so they're easier to repair in case of a crash. They have a belly pan which can catch fluids in case of a failure. That is why they're required for racing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you're not tracking or racing the bike there is no advantage to these. They are fiberglass so they're easier to repair in case of a crash. They have a belly pan which can catch fluids in case of a failure. That is why they're required for racing.
I was hoping someone who make a new lower that included the belly pan, I would love to be able to just change that. Come on, just three quick turns each side!!! But now I need an upper too, it's cracked. I am not even sure what else I need, I have to unload the bike and see. I wish someone made a fairing that left the light in. It's in the center hole, it's not used for air flow, just make the light easy to get on and off. I know, dreaming early for this stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was hoping someone who make a new lower that included the belly pan, I would love to be able to just change that. Come on, just three quick turns each side!!! But now I need an upper too, it's cracked. I am not even sure what else I need, I have to unload the bike and see. I wish someone made a fairing that left the light in. It's in the center hole, it's not used for air flow, just make the light easy to get on and off. I know, dreaming early for this stuff.
If you're in need of bodywork please let me know mine will be for sale. It is blue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you're just interested in some aftermarket fairings that aren't specific for the track? I'll sell you mine!

Edit - kde beat me to it :LOL:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know I always end up with these huge piles of stock parts, but am too lazy to list them all on ebay. So they sit in the garage in a bin until I sell the bike to the next guy, and then he carries the bin around...
The intention was for the R7 to replace the R6 as the main track bike. I live at the bottom of a mountain with pretty good roads. The R6 has two sets of rims, one for slicks, one for street tires. My son destroyed the stock R6 fairings on the track so it has track fairings on it now. I'd like to be able to use both bikes for track and canyon with minimal adjustments and changes. I do not mind changing the rims/tires but plastics are a different story. Instead of buying a second set of rims for the R7 I bought a tire changing machine. I still may do a second set of rims for it though. And the Fast Frank rear block capture system to make tire changing easier, when they finally come out with it.

I may be interested in the stock plastics, I want the bike ridable even if I will not be on it for a bit. My son can ride it. It is ridable now, it just looks a little rough. Fresh off the meat wagon. Not bad for a 95 MPH slide.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
The intention was for the R7 to replace the R6 as the main track bike. I live at the bottom of a mountain with pretty good roads. The R6 has two sets of rims, one for slicks, one for street tires. My son destroyed the stock R6 fairings on the track so it has track fairings on it now. I'd like to be able to use both bikes for track and canyon with minimal adjustments and changes. I do not mind changing the rims/tires but plastics are a different story. Instead of buying a second set of rims for the R7 I bought a tire changing machine. I still may do a second set of rims for it though. And the Fast Frank rear block capture system to make tire changing easier, when they finally come out with it.

I may be interested in the stock plastics, I want the bike ridable even if I will not be on it for a bit. My son can ride it. It is ridable now, it just looks a little rough. Fresh off the meat wagon. Not bad for a 95 MPH slide. View attachment 273
That’s a high speed get off. If you do decide you need some OEM plastics just reach out. They’ll be on the bike for another 4-6 weeks until the sharkskinz arrive

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE = "kdemotorsports, publicación: 854, miembro: 116"]
Si no está rastreando o compitiendo con la bicicleta, estos no tienen ninguna ventaja. Son de fibra de vidrio, por lo que son más fáciles de reparar en caso de accidente. Tienen una panza que puede recoger líquidos en caso de avería. Por eso son necesarios para las carreras.
[/CITA]

Muchas gracias por la explicacion amigo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts