Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Very nice and very clean work!! I'd like to put an awning on mine, I carry two pop up shelters but being able to just roll that out would be really nice too. Much easier than setting up and taking down ezups if you don't need to.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I like that tie down rail too! I have used that kind before and like it a lot but used E track in my trailer and find the bigger tie downs tend to be intrusive and in the way. Next time I think I'll go that way.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that tie down rail too! I have used that kind before and like it a lot but used E track in my trailer and find the bigger tie downs tend to be intrusive and in the way. Next time I think I'll go that way.
I’ve used etrack in the past and I like this stuff better. You get any angle you want and not as intrusive as the etrack. I bought the recessed kind for when I’m camping in it. I love it but routing out the plywood for all of it was a big job.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well after prepping the R7 for the track last fall it was time to start on the cargo trailer conversion to toy hauler to get the R7 to the track and allow me a nice place to hang out. So here are some photos of it. I'm overall happy with how it turned out it was 3 months of nonstop work.

View attachment 975

View attachment 976
Awesome trailer, where did u get the awning for the trailer, and how hard was it to install? And do u just roll it up and drive away or do u have to remove it from trailer?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Seeing yours is making me think about switching, I tend to get annoyed when loading up due to tie down positioning. It's not the bikes that cause the problem, it's other stuff, the bikes are fine. I'd really just like a bigger trailer, 6x10 V-nose now, my (current) dream search is for 8.5x14-16'. They are expensive right now, even clapped out ones. I don't need it that bad, but I'd like to be able to fit three road bikes minimum in along with the rest of the stuff. I'd like cabinets to store stuff in and to hang gear, no room for that now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome trailer, where did u get the awning for the trailer, and how hard was it to install? And do u just roll it up and drive away or do u have to remove it from trailer?
The awning is from RecPro it’s their house brand. It was a bit of a bear to install and adjust. Worth it though. It just rolls up and stays attached to the side of the trailer during travel. I have an 8x8 EZ-UP too but don’t know if I’ll even bother taking that anymore.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like a really nice set up! In there! Nice build out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.