Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been talking to several people about the slipper clutch and took the plunge and installed one. Won't be able to do any side by side comparisons for a bit due to weather but looking forward to the first tune and testing day.
This is a FZ07 clutch... you must use the MTO7 FZ07 clutch plates and springs.

Attachments

Reactions: XCLR8TN

·
Registered
123 Posts
"In addition, the YZF-R7 features the first Assist & Slipper (A&S)®* clutch for an MT-07-based model. This not only lightens clutch lever pull, but also inhibits the effects of back torque on the bike’s behavior and reduces excessive engine braking for greater rideability."

Is this statement wrong? You won't gain anything if not. It's already got more than just a slipper, it's got slip-assist which you wanna keep.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jepp, here as well, just wondering what is the benefit by swapping a slipper clutch against a slipper clutch? Maybe I missed some insides?

And why a Yoyodyne and not a Suter?

BR
hombacher
Heard there is some issues with the stock unit and doesn't work exactly like a slipper has some grab on hard decel etc. Yoyodyne because I have had good luck with them in the past is all.
I will test both side by side to see which is better or more so to my liking.

Reactions: hombacher

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've read from tests that the stock slipper works fine. Haven't heard of any problems that would normally be associated with non-slippers. I also read that CW tried to get the MT07 to exhibit rear end shenanigans with downshifts but it didn't, even though it didn't have a slipper. Higher compression might be what it would take.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Yoyodyne uses MT07 pack, NOT R7 pack

Reactions: hombacher

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you looking to letgo your OEM's slipper clutch..Just try my luck here :/ Planning to convert R7 slippers into my MT... :/
At this time I am going to keep it for comparison use. The YOYODYNE is a MT 07 unit actually

Reactions: Shyan
1 - 13 of 13 Posts