Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the Yamaha seat cowl? Pictures? Trying to determine if it looks good enough to make me want to spend $160.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does anybody have the Yamaha seat cowl? Pictures? Trying to determine if it looks good enough to make me want to spend $160.
I like the look, and there are many aftermarket options out there besides the factory offerings, it seems the same part is used on the last few years R6's (2017+) and R1's (2015+).

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R7 Team Yamaha Blue
40 Posts
I definitely like the look of it on my R7! Though it's a pain to get off, in the rare case you need to switch it out for the tiny passenger seat.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
266 Posts
I do not ever plan on having a passenger on this bike, the passenger pegs were removed within the first hour. I'd like the idea of a seat cowl but after seeing the wrap put on the center of the tank by XLRN8TN, I'd want to do a similar wrap on the cowl too. Not something I am typically interested in but it adds a little uniqueness.

·
Registered
R7
3 Posts
I have it ln my black one, but idk how to remove it / switch back to the passenger "seat" ...
Could you explain me pls ?

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R7 Team Yamaha Blue
40 Posts
There are two 5mm hex screws on each side of the cowl right under the center black padded part. Just lift it slightly and you’ll see them. They’re not very big though, so I’d suggest you use a flashlight to find them, but after that it’s pretty easy. Just pull those two screws out and the cowl slides off towards the seat.

There’s a black bracket that would need to be removed as well if you want to switch to the passenger seat. It’s the bracket the 2 hex screws attach to that you would have removed to get the cowl off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts