Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So today was the first day it’s finally been warm enough to ride since I got them - so great timing lol. Honestly, you have to kinda do the chicken wing maneuver to see behind you. I tried various positions - chicken wing, tucking my arm as tight against my body as I could (im fairly thin so this would depend on body type), dropping my arm down entirely, and even scooting into different lane positions depending on what mirror I was trying to look in. Chicken wing worked best. Definitely a downgrade in practicality from the stock mirrors - but a massive upgrade for aesthetics.
Definitely important to adjust them properly before you take off as well - I forgot to before I left work (didn’t need them on the way in since nobody’s on the road when I leave for work in the mornings) and trying to adjust them - especially the right since we don’t get the luxury of cruise control - while driving was a giant pain in the ass. But I needed to because the road was much busier than normal and it turned out I had some jerkoff riding my ass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So today was the first day it’s finally been warm enough to ride since I got them - so great timing lol. Honestly, you have to kinda do the chicken wing maneuver to see behind you. I tried various positions - chicken wing, tucking my arm as tight against my body as I could (im fairly thin so this would depend on body type), dropping my arm down entirely, and even scooting into different lane positions depending on what mirror I was trying to look in. Chicken wing worked best. Definitely a downgrade in practicality from the stock mirrors - but a massive upgrade for aesthetics.
Definitely important to adjust them properly before you take off as well - I forgot to before I left work (didn’t need them on the way in since nobody’s on the road when I leave for work in the mornings) and trying to adjust them - especially the right since we don’t get the luxury of cruise control - while driving was a giant pain in the ass. But I needed to because the road was much busier than normal and it turned out I had some jerkoff riding my ass.
Yeah
Sorry about that
I was checking out your mirrors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts