Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
I’m wondering if dirt and road scum will enter through the rear footrests if I remove them before my covers arrive?
Through those 2 -12mm each side, I know its small but by looking at them before I clean it the rear sets get covered and id rather not have all that on my battery ect

· Registered
33 Posts
Very highly unlikely that you will get enough dirt in those holes to worry about unless you ride dirt trails. Simply put the bolts back in and problem solved. I remove all the passenger pegs on all my bikes. I add some type of bracket in those holes for towing, I am pretty much track only.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very highly unlikely that you will get enough dirt in those holes to worry about unless you ride dirt trails. Simply put the bolts back in and problem solved. I remove all the passenger pegs on all my bikes. I add some type of bracket in those holes for towing, I am pretty much track only.
Thanks, we finally have a nice day today so I took them off last night and covered the top holes with tap, I have some evo tech pillions coming
Just being a little impatient lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts