Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah he’s also making clamps but I think they are going to be a limited run of them I getting a set for when he is done with them. He’s also making a link for the rear too. I have the robem one but I’m going to get his as well and try it out when he comes out with it and see witch one I like more.
Going with a new rear link gives you a lot better shock options, adjustment option, but damn, it's almost the cost of the shock. It's high on the list, but it will wait a bit.

·
Registered
584 Posts
🤣 Richie Rich over here. 🤣

No, I get it, if I was going to get into serious or frequent racing I'd most definitely do the same. I'm primarily just having fun riding road and track with my son at this point. I'm go at my pace, he's at his, a much faster pace. He does local racing. My MC racing background is amateur off road, I was set up for that even though it was just for fun. I take my son and his friends off road riding, kids that kick my ass on a road course.... OK, lets see how you do in the open desert. Lots of coaching goes on. LOL

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think in the Daytona twins races people really took notice of the capabilities, they had been thinking the Aprilia 660 was going to run away from it then losing to it. Lower levels certainly have their specific rules about changes allowed but still a lot comes down to the rider, so much more than a lot of people think. I wish you all the luck and fun, I can't wait to read your reports!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I looked at cost, reliability and getting spares pars. The aprilia is so unreliable it has power but everyone I know has electronic problems or motor/transmission problems. The r7 was the best fit for me and so far I think it was a good choice

·
Registered
584 Posts
That looks like the V3 Vortex, I like the blue lock lever accenting! I have been wondering about his QS too, I am using Flash Tune and it drives me nuts. You really only need a QS on this bike when riding very spirited or on a track, the engine is way too torquey to be friendly when just riding around at any slower pace.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
It’s aracer ecu, quick shifter, and auto tuner. Then the gas cap is vortex for a mt-07 or the newer model are r6 I believe idk I’ll have to check when I get home it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Does that all tie in together? Do you need to run all of their stuff? I may have asked that a while ago.

I had a friend that worked for Flash Tune which is why I went that route. He's no longer there so it might be time to look at other options. I like the flash but it needs to be updated, and I'd like it dyno tuned. It was a prerelease base version so it is completely what they came up with then. Big difference but I am sure it can be better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yes you do it’s an actual ecu replacement and for the quick shifter I had to repin the factory O2 sensor to adapt to the quick shifter plug easy thing to do. The quick shifter is the best one I’ve ever used. It took a minute to get it set up and working properly but once it’s set up. Hands down best quick shifter. I’m not a fan of flash tune. I got a lot of corrupted files with them and you have to be connected to internet to use it. So the download took for ever at the track. The quick shifter didn’t have enough adjustment for me sometimes the sensor would work and other times I had to barely let of the throttle to get it to work or just speed shift it. Aracer reminds me a lot of rapid bike but not a piggy back system and a lot more refined. With a bit more options. It’s the best system I’ve used and I’ve had bazzaz, dyno, rapid, em pro (didn’t have a cable so couldn’t adjust anything on it)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an aRacer RC Super 2 ecu, wide-band O2 controller, auto tune, and quickshifter on my 07 superbike. The base maps that come from aRacer come with too much ignition advance for safe, high load (race track) use. The auto tune function works reasonably well. The primary fuel map does still need some manual tweaking, but that isn't too difficult if you data log and are able to identify where changes are needed. The ecu has a lot of capability but there is no guidance available from aRacer on how to use many of the functions (acceleration enrichment, as an example), and the brief descriptions (a few words) in the Speed Tuning software are so ambiguous as to be virtually useless. There is also no guidance on how many of the functions interact with each other. I've had to do a lot of experimenting on my own in an effort to figure out how to use many of the tuning options. The biggest challenge with the ecu isthat the primary fuel map is based on intake air pressure rather than throttle position, and the auto tune only works by adjusting the IAP-based map. The stock maps and all the other tuning options work off of throttle position and it is what most tuners are familiar with. Moreover, throttle position based maps allow more accurate control of fueling with individual throttle bodies than volumetric efficiency based maps; so aRacer's choice seems an odd one.

The quick-shifter works well and it is fully adjustable within the Speed Tuning software. For example, you can rely on fuel cutoff or spark cutoff to reduce power so the bike will shift, and then set the duration of cutoff separately for each gear change. And the shift sensor works in pull or push mode, so you use the same unit for standard and GP shift.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Really? Aracer has worked with me on a lot of it and answer my question all the time when I run into issues, problems and just trying to figure out how to work the system. I haven’t had or noticed any problems with my maps and my tuner didn’t either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Who at aRacer? Kae Chang? He has been unable to answer my questions.

I haven't had "problems" with my maps (except the original spark advance map until I figured out there was too much advance after damaging a piston, head and cylinder) but creating an optimal tune, one that produces the best reliable horsepower, requires digging into a lot of the software's functions.

Brendan, if I recall correctly, isn't your motor stock? If so, many of the default settings provided by aRacer seem ok. I'm getting over 90 rwhp, however, and many of the poorly documented default settings need adjusting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yes that’s who I talk to and he’s always helped me out when I have questions and need answers. Oh yeah I forgot that you are pushing that much and could be an issue. I know the maps for an mt-07 to the r7 is different. Mine is an mt-07 ecu with r7 map in it. I’m not sure how much but I know they are different. The first time I connected to the ecu it reverted it back to the MT-07 map and my bike literally wouldn’t start being the cps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I installed the domino throttle and soft pull return spring a while back and tested it out last weekend. I got to say I love it. It’s the best after market throttle kit I’ve used. Only complaint is that the cables are a little long
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Blue Automotive lighting

41 - 60 of 63 Posts