Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an aRacer RC Super 2 ecu, wide-band O2 controller, auto tune, and quickshifter on my 07 superbike. The base maps that come from aRacer come with too much ignition advance for safe, high load (race track) use. The auto tune function works reasonably well. The primary fuel map does still need some manual tweaking, but that isn't too difficult if you data log and are able to identify where changes are needed. The ecu has a lot of capability but there is no guidance available from aRacer on how to use many of the functions (acceleration enrichment, as an example), and the brief descriptions (a few words) in the Speed Tuning software are so ambiguous as to be virtually useless. There is also no guidance on how many of the functions interact with each other. I've had to do a lot of experimenting on my own in an effort to figure out how to use many of the tuning options. The biggest challenge with the ecu isthat the primary fuel map is based on intake air pressure rather than throttle position, and the auto tune only works by adjusting the IAP-based map. The stock maps and all the other tuning options work off of throttle position and it is what most tuners are familiar with. Moreover, throttle position based maps allow more accurate control of fueling with individual throttle bodies than volumetric efficiency based maps; so aRacer's choice seems an odd one.

The quick-shifter works well and it is fully adjustable within the Speed Tuning software. For example, you can rely on fuel cutoff or spark cutoff to reduce power so the bike will shift, and then set the duration of cutoff separately for each gear change. And the shift sensor works in pull or push mode, so you use the same unit for standard and GP shift.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Who at aRacer? Kae Chang? He has been unable to answer my questions.

I haven't had "problems" with my maps (except the original spark advance map until I figured out there was too much advance after damaging a piston, head and cylinder) but creating an optimal tune, one that produces the best reliable horsepower, requires digging into a lot of the software's functions.

Brendan, if I recall correctly, isn't your motor stock? If so, many of the default settings provided by aRacer seem ok. I'm getting over 90 rwhp, however, and many of the poorly documented default settings need adjusting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts