Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for the racetrack. Id say the R7 tear down for the track is coming along well. No un expected surprises, just a ton of extra fasteners etc

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's happening with the clutch?
I remover the covers, Woodcraft has my right side cover so it can be 3d modeled for covers for them.

Also, how are you organizing all of these stupid bolts and pushpins? Do you have a good method? I cannot believe the amount of DIFFERENT bolts on this bike LOL
I will agree there are 100000 kinds of fastners. my method is all keep in separate containers for every part im working on. in this case 20 containers lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics are cool I guess but I'm curious what you're actually doing? What is going on with the clutch? How are you dealing with ABS?
The ABS will be a front delete keeping to rear for the Quickshifter and speedo
Clutch changing to a yoyodyne slipper vs stock slipper

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A bunch of lightbulbs going off. Only remove the front ABS action, leaving the rear operational??? This might be an interesting thing to try!
Was in another thread, that this works.. haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: Vansmack

·
Registered
189 Posts
We've all been waiting on someone to sort it out. Based on the pics, looks like we'll be coming to you for answers. :D
A new master was ordered yesterday, I'll get the new brake lines this weekend, then I'll be looking at the possibility of doing this too. I like the idea. We'll see how you can take the stock rigid brake lines out of the ABS modules.

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
A new master was ordered yesterday, I'll get the new brake lines this weekend, then I'll be looking at the possibility of doing this too. I like the idea. We'll see how you can take the stock rigid brake lines out of the ABS modules.
What master did you order? The lines should be able to be removed like any other and just plugged, right? Or am I missing something? They just look like banjos...with a little angle to them, and then immediately to a rubber hose, then back to hard line.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

·
Registered
189 Posts
What master did you order? The lines should be able to be removed like any other and just plugged, right? Or am I missing something? They just look like banjos...with a little angle to them, and then immediately to a rubber hose, then back to hard line.
I have not looked back at it recently, I believe it was SeptemberToob would removed the rigid lines and he needed to cut them? Someone did. I do not remember the details, maybe the rigid lines were just cut to get them out and they detach from the modules and pumps easily.

I am going with the standard Brembo RCS19. I have a Corsa Corta on another bike, that kind of extra stopping power is definitely not needed on this bike.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have not looked back at it recently, I believe it was SeptemberToob would removed the rigid lines and he needed to cut them? Someone did. I do not remember the details, maybe the rigid lines were just cut to get them out and they detach from the modules and pumps easily.

I am going with the standard Brembo RCS19. I have a Corsa Corta on another bike, that kind of extra stopping power is definitely not needed on this bike.
Yes, from the masters is banjo then rubber, I'd like to pull the hard/rigid lines and plug them, leaving the modules and pumps in place since the intention is to possibly leave the rear ABS functional. If that is not possible, either the delete module or if Flash Tune can disable in the ECU. I need to check back on a updated ECU flash anyway, hopefully with more options now.

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts

Hmm. I hadn't given much thought to having to manuever them to get them out, lol.
Roger on Brembo. I ask bc I've got a RCS17 laying around but I couldn't find online what OD our pistons are, and I haven't had it apart yet to measure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hmm. I hadn't given much thought to having to manuever them to get them out, lol.
Roger on Brembo. I ask bc I've got a RCS17 laying around but I couldn't find online what OD our pistons are, and I haven't had it apart yet to measure.
The 17 should work fine, the 19 is just easier to find right now. Availability. I wish I had spare Brembo parts laying around. LOL

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
The 17 should work fine, the 19 is just easier to find right now. Availability. I wish I had spare Brembo parts laying around. LOL
Never went through the hassle of having custom lines made for my Panigale 899 so I could use M50's and the RCS17. Turns out, my Superduke has M50's and benefits from the RCS17 upgrade. So.. not sure which bike will get it lmao. I'm REALLY good at collecting parts and never installing them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts