Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a RAM mount installed on the R7 yet? Wondering where the best spots are to attach the mount

·
Registered
31 Posts
Handle bar bolt. Doesnt get in the way. Also with aftermarket clip ons, you’ll need to add a nut on the bottom if triple.
Light Blue Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that is a perfect spot. So does that one bolt just thread out and is that the threaded ball mount that goes in there? Also, what brand are your grips?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a quad lock, seriously
I’ve always used RAM mounts on previous motorcycles, one reason being that for quad lock you have to glue the piece to the back of your phone and I don’t want that. Is that still the case with quad lock?

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R7 Team Yamaha Blue
36 Posts
No, the quad lock works with their case that fits on your phone like an OtterBox case, that has the attachment piece built into it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you are using the X RAM Mount, use that rubber thing to lock the phone in, they can pop right out. I’ve not had that happen to me but I’ve witnessed it numerous times. Bye bye phone! I have lost my phone out of my jacket pocket though, all of a sudden, “iPhone disconnected”, then the music shut off. I was on the freeway. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts