Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone compare the throw of the R6 throttle tube vs. the stock R7 tube?
Thanks, I was wondering about it yesterday already: Hello from Germany (NRW)

Just wondering about the throttle stroke and nobody complained about it?. It remembers me a lot to the XSR /MT/FZ) OEM stroke which is far too wide or long as well. Think this will be my first mod.
After my first and only check and feel it is worth the mod, as the R7 stroke is far longer than the R6 stroke. It is not only the WOT it is the rolling back before down shifting as well, pulling the clutch and there is still an open trottle left. As said, I will swap the throttle tube.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love it for street riding. Going to work with uneven streets in cali is fine now. I tried 3 lowering links. Trex lowers rear too much for my liking and raising the front forks too much made steering sensitive. I also couldn't get much static sag and issue is no adjustment. I'm 5'9 with a short inseam and really just wanted an inch or less lower. Trex actually lowered it 2.5 inches.

Soupys did the same, at it's lowest dog bone setting, it still dropped the rear 1.25 inches. Wasn't a fan of the link either. Too much involvement with adjusting. Also, with Soupys, I had to remove more parts to get to the lower dog bone bolt and removal was a pain.

Now with extreme creation mt07 lowering link, it was perfect. lowered rear .75 inches and only raised the fork about 15mm. Steering is so much better. Easy to adjust as well, if you want to go stock for the track, it's one bolt. No need to remove anything. You can get to the bolt easily. Just need 2 jacks on rear peg to help you lift rear wheel or the ladder method.

I can almost flat foot both feet with boots on. I've gone through potholes (socal), quick emergency stops and it feels great. Can put a proper static sag at the rear with suspension collar at mid point. Not worried about jamming front fender, did zip tie test and even at max fork travel, won't hit front cowl. Raise the fork too much and you may have an issue. If you want to go back to stock because you're past your beginner point and really confident in your one leg stop/leans. Then remove one bolt at the reat link and lower forks again. No dismantling so many parts, I can probably do it in less than 30 mins now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered the same exact mirrors, how was it doing the wiring? Did all the side plastic need to come off?
No, you can get by just popping of top cowl and reach for the wires. As if you were changing turn signals. You'll need to drill a small hole to pass the wire through the black plastic behind the mirror mount. I did a 6mm hole. Fish the wire through and just tuck it against the front cowl. Then tap into your front signals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, you can get by just popping of top cowl and reach for the wires. As if you were changing turn signals. You'll need to drill a small hole to pass the wire through the black plastic behind the mirror mount. I did a 6mm hole. Fish the wire through and just tuck it against the front cowl. Then tap into your front signals.
Thanks! I can't wait for them to arrive! It seems so silly to me that they wouldn't just use these mirrors on the R7

41 - 60 of 69 Posts