Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, didn't fit. I STILL have not found a brake lever that works. I'd be shocked if this brembo MC was totally unique to the R7, but maybe that's the case? I've tried a ton of them now...
Sucks. I thought I read it was "all new", I didn't want to keep buying levers to try and find one tgat fits. I'm just going to get a 19, then at least I'll just need to keep one spare lever in stock, and it will fit multiple bikes plus friends bikes. There is only so much room in the trailer for spare parts. Also, I need a bigger trailer. 8.5'x14' would work just fine. Lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sucks. I thought I read it was "all new", I didn't want to keep buying levers to try and find one tgat fits. I'm just going to get a 19, then at least I'll just need to keep one spare lever in stock, and it will fit multiple bikes plus friends bikes. There is only so much room in the trailer for spare parts. Also, I need a bigger trailer. 8.5'x14' would work just fine. Lol
You're saying you're just going to get an all new MC? I might do the same...it's just a couple hundred bucks, and will simplify things and I can stop worrying about the lever. I don't want to bleed the whole system again though :sick:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks - which version did you try specifically? I believe there are a couple of them. Do you a have a link or part number?
Bought mine from cyclegear MT07 2015-2020 Titanium/Carbon

·
Registered
121 Posts
You're saying you're just going to get an all new MC? I might do the same...it's just a couple hundred bucks, and will simplify things and I can stop worrying about the lever. I don't want to bleed the whole system again though :sick:
Yes, I am saying my choice now as I see it is spending $100 or so on a lever that hopefully works, or for under $300 get a tried and tested brand new Brembo 19RCS. That's a simple choice for me. Then I just need one spare lever on hand in case something stupid happens too. The wind kicked up in May at a track day, the EzUp took flight, hit a bike on the stand, bike went down. If everything has the same lever, I just need to stock one to be ready for that. If the EzUp took out two bikes that's a sign to go home. It's a big 10x15 ezup and it was pushing on the bike in big gusty wind.

Yeah, I hate bleeding brakes. I typically use a big medical needle/flusher to push the fluid from the bottom. Much less chance of bubbles I think. Drain the master, fill the pusher, hose from the pusher to the fitting, gently push away. Don't push too hard or it will spray right out the top, as my son found out. LOL I don't know, I've been doing that a while, it works for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, I am saying my choice now as I see it is spending $100 or so on a lever that hopefully works, or for under $300 get a tried and tested brand new Brembo 19RCS. That's a simple choice for me. Then I just need one spare lever on hand in case something stupid happens too. The wind kicked up in May at a track day, the EzUp took flight, hit a bike on the stand, bike went down. If everything has the same lever, I just need to stock one to be ready for that. If the EzUp took out two bikes that's a sign to go home. It's a big 10x15 ezup and it was pushing on the bike in big gusty wind.

Yeah, I hate bleeding brakes. I typically use a big medical needle/flusher to push the fluid from the bottom. Much less chance of bubbles I think. Drain the master, fill the pusher, hose from the pusher to the fitting, gently push away. Don't push too hard or it will spray right out the top, as my son found out. LOL I don't know, I've been doing that a while, it works for me.
Yeah probably a good idea, you've convinced me.

Maintenance bleeding is easy, and I can get that done in probably <3minutes. But yeah a full bleed is always a nightmare. I've got one of those vaccuum bleeders that hooks up to an air compressor and that works really well for the first pass. Your idea is interesting too, I imagine that works pretty well. (y)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah probably a good idea, you've convinced me.

Maintenance bleeding is easy, and I can get that done in probably <3minutes. But yeah a full bleed is always a nightmare. I've got one of those vaccuum bleeders that hooks up to an air compressor and that works really well for the first pass. Your idea is interesting too, I imagine that works pretty well. (y)
I used to have one of those, pretty sure my son broke it. I'll go ahead and blame him anyway. I should get another one.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts