Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input on what could be causing my oil to get foamy/bubbly. I already ruled out the possibility of it being coolant or water in the oil so it’s not that. Nor is it overfilled. Don’t think it’s a head gasket either because it’s not milky and not running extra hot or anything, the bike is running fine. The manual says 2.75 US Quarts for an oil change last time I did that to a tee it was overfilled by quite a bit so this time I did approximately 2.25Q (at that point it was centered in the sight glass after letting it run for a bit and then settle) but could it still be caused from underfilling it by a little like that? The bubbles and foam go away not to long after shutting the bike off. I attached a picture of the bubbles I’m seeing from after I turned the bike off. I keep getting 50/50 responses on it’s ok and that it’s a problem. I’m using full synthetic Yamalube 10W-40 high performance oil. Thank you guys for any help.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bicycle part

· Registered
177 Posts
There's anti-foaming agents but you can't stop air from getting churned into the oil with a wet sump motor. All you can do is make sure to use an oil that doesn't let the bubbles last long. I heard a bit of oil added to bubble solution makes the bubbles last longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts