Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R1 60th WGP anniversary edition
54 Posts
Hey guys have y’all done the recommended first service on the bike. My dealer is trying to charge me 475$ which seems a little steep
A little? 😄

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 GP60TH
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
A little? 😄
For real I thought the same thing. A little? Man…. Anyways I’m here now getting that done they started to name off the whole book of things they needed to check which was critical to proper break in.
So I said ok let’s do it.
They just closed me.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 GP60TH
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I did the first service myself for about $20(oil change)
Ya I didn’t want to cheap out. It’s not just an oil service.
They check the bike top down make sure everything is properly working. Keep in mind our bikes are built on sight so they have to retighten all bolts and ensure everything is breaking in properly. So it was worth it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You should just do all the mileage checks yourself. You will save money, and get familiar with the bike.

Don't fall for the (You need to do this through the dealer to keep warranty intact) just save all your receipts and note the mileage you did the service at and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R1 60th WGP anniversary edition
54 Posts
It's a Yamaha! They don't need no stinking maintenance. 😁

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 GP60TH
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You should just do all the mileage checks yourself. You will save money, and get familiar with the bike.

Don't fall for the (You need to do this through the dealer to keep warranty intact) just save all your receipts and note the mileage you did the service at and you should be good to go.
All I’m hearing is. I got taken to the cleaners.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All I’m hearing is. I got taken to the cleaners.
Not trying to be rude or anything, but you kind of did.

Now with that being said, if you felt more comfortable paying the money and letting the dealer do all the checks for piece of mind, that is all that matters and I completely understand.

I turned wrenches for a lot of years, and during that time I saw alot of shady shit going on. Now that i dont do that type of work anymore, I told myself that if I take my vehicles anywhere, there is a good chance it won't get the same amount of care as if I did it myself. 💯 that's why I handle everything myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hell man at least you are taking care of your bike. It’s all good don’t sweat it. You got a good running bike that you enjoy riding right? That’s all that really matters at the end of the day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys I’d like your genuine thoughts on my build so far.
R7 fitted block off mirror plugs not r6 but made for r7
JL fender delete and tail light.
tech skin gas grips
R7 reservoir caps front and back
r7 decals from spinning stickers
need to install crg hindsight bar end mirrors.
On order tst flush signals.
What exhaust should I finish this build with.
Future upgrades are chain guard carbon fiber.
engine cover cf
Chain cover cf

camera makes those decals look orange but I promise they are red red. 😂
View attachment 1204
View attachment 1206

View attachment 1205
Get a Yoshimura Exhaust, your bike will sound like LAMBO! Lmao or a Two Brothers Exhuast, if you can find a SC Project, they are good too. I think TST industries has a bike protection pack u can get a lot of sliders.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts