Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 R7
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out JL Designs kit, very nice, clean design. I have talked with Ryan the owner on many occasions and he is very passionate about what he designs, super nice guy. This kit is actually "designed" specifically for the R7, Ryan can explain the ins and outs better then I, but this is not some universal kit you just slap on with ugly wires hanging out, or jagged edges all over. Have a good one, enjoy you're new R7s and ride safe! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the link Straxis, this is pretty neat. Specialized products like this can really add some character. We'll see if they add more parts.

·
Registered
2022 R7
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem, he is working on more stuff for the R7. Also on any of the "universal" Eliminator kits, once mounted it will leave a nice big gap on the under side of the tail, which in turn will let debris get up in there. JL's kit eliminates that problem. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the TST's most basic fender eliminator kit on my current R3 (R7 is still in the mail), which I have to say is quite clean overall. However, I learned two things, which I didn't know I wanted until I finished the install.

First - having the swivel/hinge on your tail tidy matters. TST actually has a kit with a hinge but at the time I thought I would go ultimate minimalist and not get it. Mistake. I learned I have preference for the angle of my license plate, and I imagine plenty of other riders would too. It's that final tail piece that completes the streamlined look, and the angle has got to be right. Not being able to adjust it is kind of a bummer, in case you happen to not like the specific default orientation the part manufacturer had chosen.

Second - exposed wires. From my TST tail tidy, I have 3 exposed wires going into the bike - two from blinkers and one from license plate light. They all converge cleanly in the middle, so not a big deal really. However, if I could eliminate the exposed wires, I would.

I reviewed the notes on JL design in closer detail. It solves both problems above. And it uses a minimal bar for plate attachment. Not to mention it's designed by very a small specialized business who is reportedly passionate about their products. Awesome! Passionately designed for passionate riders. I am an engineer by trade, so I look for and appreciate the minor details. Also a newly passionate rider. So I will definitely give these guys a consideration and look out for their future products!

Thanks again for sharing, Straxis. Any idea where they are based out of? Just wondering.

·
Registered
2022 R7
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the TST's most basic fender eliminator kit on my current R3 (R7 is still in the mail), which I have to say is quite clean overall. However, I learned two things, which I didn't know I wanted until I finished the install.

First - having the swivel/hinge on your tail tidy matters. TST actually has a kit with a hinge but at the time I thought I would go ultimate minimalist and not get it. Mistake. I learned I have preference for the angle of my license plate, and I imagine plenty of other riders would too. It's that final tail piece that completes the streamlined look, and the angle has got to be right. Not being able to adjust it is kind of a bummer, in case you happen to not like the specific default orientation the part manufacturer had chosen.

Second - exposed wires. From my TST tail tidy, I have 3 exposed wires going into the bike - two from blinkers and one from license plate light. They all converge cleanly in the middle, so not a big deal really. However, if I could eliminate the exposed wires, I would.

I reviewed the notes on JL design in closer detail. It solves both problems above. And it uses a minimal bar for plate attachment. Not to mention it's designed by very a small specialized business who is reportedly passionate about their products. Awesome! Passionately designed for passionate riders. I am an engineer by trade, so I look for and appreciate the minor details. Also a newly passionate rider. So I will definitely give these guys a consideration and look out for their future products!

Thanks again for sharing, Straxis. Any idea where they are based out of? Just wondering.
I am pretty sure its CA, the owners name is Ryan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts