Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Has anyone flashed the ECU on there R7 yet..And if so could you Share your results and Opinion..
Very noticeable power increase! 馃槂
Very noticeable MPG decrease. 馃槬
SO WORTH IT!! 馃槏

I have a Flash Tune map loaded, but it was an pre-release mapping so no changes can be made to it. I need to bring it back in for the new mapping.

Registered
2022 YZF-R7 Team Yamaha Blue
I鈥檝e read good things about the 2 wheel dynoworks mail-in ECU flash, but I haven鈥檛 taken the plunge yet myself. :unsure:

Registered
What is everyones preferred method of (in hand) flashing? Actually my first Fuel injected race bike.... lol
I also would not be a fan of sending in my ECU everytime I need a change... seems risky and alot of delays

Registered
What is everyones preferred method of (in hand) flashing? Actually my first Fuel injected race bike.... lol
I also would not be a fan of sending in my ECU everytime I need a change... seems risky and alot of delays
Luckily, I rode and knew someone who worked at FlashTune, he's not there any longer, but I'd just go see him before. My current suspension guy works with FlashTune, that is how I got the early flash, but I need to go back. I would hope there is someone close that does it, I think for FT, they list their dealers on their website. It looks like the closest dealer they show to you is down by Pittsburgh. There may be other providers.

Registered
Graves Motorsports is writing me a tune currently, I have the FT ECU bike side rig. My bike is at GMD Computrack at the moment. Kent has a dyno. We are going to run it stock on the dyno then flash it with the Graves tune and run it on the dyno again within the hour to get solid comparisons. Ill post results

Registered
Graves Motorsports is writing me a tune currently, I have the FT ECU bike side rig. My bike is at GMD Computrack at the moment. Kent has a dyno. We are going to run it stock on the dyno then flash it with the Graves tune and run it on the dyno again within the hour to get solid comparisons. Ill post results
Awesome! Let us know

Registered
how much do they charge and how long does it take? im in san diego so im about an hour away.
If you plan on riding the bike there, getting it flashed, then pop it back in for the ride home, ask the place first. As these are "competition use only" changes, I know they have legal restrictions in place about flashing a street bike. Flash Tune will tell you that, you do not ride the bike there. Just passing on the info, YMMV, every place is different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.