Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 60th Anniversary Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone installed the Puig racing windscreen on their R7 yet? I am looking at the dark smoke but it looks really dark and then the light smoke does not look very tinted in the pictures. Any suggestions before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks

Registered
I ordered a Puig R-Racer clear screen, I want to be able to see through the screen.
It depends what you want, style or function. The light smoke is similar to the clear version.
The dark smoke will look very cool on this bike.
I guess my post does not help your decision pain 馃檪

Registered
Hey has anyone installed the Puig racing windscreen on their R7 yet? I am looking at the dark smoke but it looks really dark and then the light smoke does not look very tinted in the pictures. Any suggestions before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks

I have the light smoke Puig on mine. It looks good and not to dark. The dark screen is a zero gravity which came off my R6 when I switched it to a light smoke puig. I posted both to give you an idea of light vs dark smoke. They are the same windscreen for both models. The zero gravity fits like garbage and the puig fits real close to oem.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 60th Anniversary Edition
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the light smoke Puig on mine. It looks good and not to dark. The dark screen is a zero gravity which came off my R6 when I switched it to a light smoke puig. I posted both to give you an idea of light vs dark smoke. They are the same windscreen for both models. The zero gravity fits like garbage and the puig fits real close to oem.

Hope this helps.
Awesome Thank you! The light smoke looks perfect for what I am looking for.

Registered
2022 YZF-R1 60th WGP anniversary edition
I just got the Puig Race light smoke for my R1.
Pretty easy to see thru it and looks great.

Registered
Awesome Thank you! The light smoke looks perfect for what I am looking for.
Hey brother, just mounted my Puig Dark Smoke and noticed that in the front it's a bit wobbly, have you noticed that too?

On the sides it fits but the default windscreen has some "hooks" in the front that stop it from wobbling, R6 Puig doesn't have those.

Any ideas how to fix?

Registered
Yeah mine wobbles a little also, but on the r6 it fits tight. I am trying to figure out a way to tighten that up. I might build that area up with some heat shrink.

I will let everyone know. I will be doing a video on this on my you tube channel

Registered
Yeah mine wobbles a little also, but on the r6 it fits tight. I am trying to figure out a way to tighten that up. I might build that area up with some heat shrink.

I will let everyone know. I will be doing a video on this on my you tube channel
I just cut out 2 small pieces of tape and folded them in half (so it sticks on all sides). I shoved 1 piece on the front left side of the windscreen (between fairing and windshield) and one on the right side.

No more wobbles and not really visible. Seems to do the job for now lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts