Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7
7 Posts
Note, if you are not comfortable going this route or comfortable doing the work, I recommend buying the Probolt nut.

I used an OEM steering stem nut, got it from the dealership, filed down the machined center to the very top of the hexagon until the center was thin enough to take side cutters and remove it, smoothed the rough edges, making sure not to damage any of the threads. I did this for the time being until my probolt one comes in.

The open nut is the second nut, the closed nut is the original.

Update:
Got the probolt nut in. Had it changed out in less than a minute. Attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was just wondering if anyone knows / could share a link of where you have bought these bolts so I can install my quadlock holder? After reading this thread bought it yesterday and visited a couple of bike spare shops who looked at me blankly when I asked for the replacement stem bolt! seems I will need to order from over the ditch as I wont get here in AUS. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I bought a quad lock fork stem mount and that was pointless because there is no hole to put it through, then I thought maybe the handle bars but there is no room. The only possible way is the mirror arm but it's way infront of the windscreen and doesn't feel safe......anybody have any ideas how to fix this or other parts that'd help?
Thanks for info R7 fam!!!

-Steven
I took out the centre bolt super easy and ordered one with a hole in for my quadlock system

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, I bought one of the Quad Lock Pro mounts, and the anodizing has faded to a green/tan color since early March. I have an email in to their customer service, but no word back yet. I know anodizing can fade, but that seems really dramatic in both the color & speed of change.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part Revolver

·
Registered
584 Posts
How does the anti-vibration mount work for you? I got one, it moves way too much for me, but I have a RAM ball mount hard mounted to the bars, maybe it works better with the added rubber from the steering stem mount.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems to work well. I have about 4000 miles with the phone in that mount. It's a Galaxy S10+ and I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Only really use it for navigation, but it stays clear/stable enough for that.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts