Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I tried a Quad lock steering stem mount but I didn't like the shaking, and it was somehow worse with the anti-vibration part installed. I ended up installing a Ram mount to one of the clip-on stabilizing bolt holes, the phone sits centered over the key hole. I don't use a key so I have it down tight to the triple, but either way, there is plenty of room this way even with a key. I was/am not a big fan of the Quad lock case, only for it's wireless charging limitations, but that could have just been the charger. I installed a UCB A/C power port to plug the phone in, it is on the left side of the steering stem, on the frame. A 1 foot C to lightning cable fits perfect. It also shows the voltage. That was $19 on Amazon.
https://a.co/d/gg0RRrU
Light Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

perfect there.
Motor vehicle Product Blue Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried a Quad lock steering stem mount but I didn't like the shaking, and it was somehow worse with the anti-vibration part installed. I ended up installing a Ram mount to one of the clip-on stabilizing bolt holes, the phone sits centered over the key hole. I don't use a key so I have it down tight to the triple, but either way, there is plenty of room this way even with a key. I was/am not a big fan of the Quad lock case, only for it's wireless charging limitations, but that could have just been the charger. I installed a UCB A/C power port to plug the phone in, it is on the left side of the steering stem, on the frame. A 1 foot C to lightning cable fits perfect. It also shows the voltage. That was $19 on Amazon.
https://a.co/d/gg0RRrU View attachment 1426
perfect there. View attachment 1425
Might be an option, i wanna keep my current case not quadlock if i can avoid it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can use the Ram X mount instead. I have used those as well, they work with any case, they are not bad.
Have to wait for that website to fix so I can buy the stem mount bolt to even mount the thing. Its down right now and i cant find anyone else selling one that works for the R7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just bought a Ram Mount with the Fork Stem kit. Haven't installed it yet tho.

RAM Mounts X-Grip Fork Stem Kit - RevZilla

Quadlock is good too but I don't like that I can only use their phone cases
Did you install this yet? Have pictures? And did you just use a m22x1mm stem nut for this mount? Trying to make sure if i buy that nut that it will work with that ram mount.

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R7 60th Anniversary Edition
11 Posts
Did you install this yet? Have pictures? And did you just use a m22x1mm stem nut for this mount? Trying to make sure if i buy that nut that it will work with that ram mount.
After doing some reading I realized I needed a yoke nut. Its supposed to come Friday so hoping to make some time over the weekend to install it

Aluminum Flanged Top Yoke Nut M22x(1.00mm) (Open)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts