Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone link which oil/filter they bought?
Links would greatly be appreciated!

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Could you link some so I can try doing myself? Thank youu
I did mine with a K&N filter, it has a nut that fits a ratchet socket on the end so they're super easy to get on and off. You'll find out with the stock one that they're on pretty tight from the factory and can be a nightmare to get off sometimes. K&N makes it super easy.
If you still need a link let me know. You can search for MT07 oil filter and that should bring up the right one. Same motor so it fits just fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like GnarDoggs said, you can search MT-07 since it's the same motor. I've been a big fan of Hiflo filters. They are like the K&N's, with the nut on the end, but K&N had an issue with leaking filters and have been banned at a lot of tracks so I don't use them anymore.

Here's where I order from mostly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had problems with Bosch filters leaking at the gasket so I no longer use those anymore. My next or better choice was Mobile-1, M-108 for 2.5" or M1-110 for 3.5". Never had a problem with those. Racing an R6 and R1 you must use OEM, so thats what they all get now. 5GH-13440-xx-00. The x'sare the "version" number, it doesn't really matter# 71 is the current version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did mine with a K&N filter, it has a nut that fits a ratchet socket on the end so they're super easy to get on and off. You'll find out with the stock one that they're on pretty tight from the factory and can be a nightmare to get off sometimes. K&N makes it super easy.
If you still need a link let me know. You can search for MT07 oil filter and that should bring up the right one. Same motor so it fits just fine.
Yeah do you mind linking me the oil/filter you used? would be much appreciated :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lemme know if you have any other questions or need help.....which color R7 did you get? Is it your first bike?
I got the black r7, currently in the shop for a ECU flash and the yoshimura exhaust install
Still need to purchase the oil, did you figure out what weight to put in? Would greatly appreciate a link to it :)
Did you go with motul or yamalube?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts