Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone I'm Mike. Glad to be here. I come from racing motocross on a high level, broke my back, and decided to make the switch to street when the doctor told me I could paralyze myself with all the big jumps I was having to do in the A class. Ended up starting out on a 2011 R6 (yes I know everyone says that's a horrible idea but it worked out perfectly for me as I was used to constantly being on the gas, not to mention that at least back in the 90s the Yamaha two strokes were known for having all their power in the top end just like the R6). That bike was stolen while I was living in the hood and insurance paid for a 2012. Ended up having to sell that for reasons I'd rather not talk about but I can't take it any longer. I need to be back on two wheels. I've watched countless hours of reviews, videos, etc. And I've decided to go with an R7 since buying a used R6 just doesn't seem feasible. It seems like people are charging almost MSRP for a new bike, for their used one... This bike looks like it will be perfect for me so I can't wait. The problem is it's so hard to find one at a dealership right now (I'm in Central Florida and nobody in my area can give me an accurate time frame of when they're getting one in). So I'm open to any suggestions as far as where to look. I was also part of the R6 forums back in the day. Thanks and I'm glad to be here.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good luck, they seem to go as quick as they arrive, and they don't know when they will arrive. Seems so strange not knowing when you'll get stock.
I'm semi going from an R6 to the R7, for both road and track. I REALLY like the difference. Much less demanding and a lot more fun. Yes, it would be nice to have more power, it would also be nice for me to have more skill. I think that is where consistent speed comes from. It's the rider, not the bike.

Good luck finding a bike. You may want to see if a shop or two will take a refundable deposit, if you can swing that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. There's a company that has three locations here in Florida that takes deposits and put you first in line for whatever depending on who puts them down first. I'm going to run by there tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts