Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner

Need some guidance

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  DonnieDp45 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Have a black R7 that just got done riding from LA to SF on the 1, and right before we made it home after 1.1k miles, she took a fall. All the fairings are pretty much cracked and need some info on where I could look into a body kit to replace the originals. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks yall.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Dang that sucks! Sorry to hear, hope you're okay!

I know SharkSkinz makes fairs for the R7, but it is racing fairs idk what the difference is but idk hope it helps!
Thanks, Im doing fine, just hurt that she took a beating. Thanks for the suggestion, thats one ive seen on this forum before, but sucks that its just racing fairings. I appreciate the help though, anything helps pick up the spirits.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I talked to them about that. The headlight is hard mounted so it just needs a hole cut. That covers the front end, not sure what it would take for the rear. The factory pieces are not incredibly expensive, I changed the top fairing piece around the windshield, right side upper cover, and right tail piece for $250.
Im not too experienced with looking for parts OEM or aftermarket for these kind of things, mind if i ask where you found the fairing pieces? was it through the sharkskin website?

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I usually look them up on Yamaha OEM Parts to see what I want, then I take that list to my local dealer who gives me the same pricing. You can do it all at the dealer but I'd rather figure out myself what I want and need then go to them. Or order from PartShark.
Thanks Vansmack, keeping an eye out on all options, really appreciate the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.