Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a crash on the track, I needed a bunch of new parts. Finding out that the R7 radiator is on back order, I bought a replacement one for an mt07 on ebay. Initially, I didn't see a difference because I was looking at the screw holes lining up but didn't realize some minor small differences. There is the top hole that lines up with a pin welded to the frame that won't fit and the radiator cap is not tilted. Also according to motorcyclesportworld.com, the radiator is revised on the r7 for better cooling. Visually, I don't see anything that would make it cool better.
Grille Wood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Grille Blue Motor vehicle Electronic instrument Bumper

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I've bought a couple of those eBay radiators for my FZ/MT. For one, they are slightly different than even the OEM radiator, so it's hard to compare if it's the same as the R7. I had to slightly modify the attachment points to make it fit on my MT.

I have not seen or heard of anything that would make the R7's cool it better than the MT's. I'm about to do an R6 radiator swap to my FZ, which is how I ended up here. I'll start a thread on it on the FZ forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts