Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Where wouldyou get the ECU flashed? I would like to have it done as well but haven’t found any information on who could do it yet
Flash Tune ftecu.com apparently has a mapping created. Attack Performance is working on one I heard, if not done already. I will use a local independent repair shop in So Cal, he just picked up my switch and the Flash Tune files this week for me. I used to go straight to Flash Tune, when a friend of my sons worked there. It was a bit cheaper going through him, but that is over now. 😥

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha YZF-R7, 2018 Harley Davidson Softail Slim, 2015 Honda Grom
10 Posts
Flash Tune ftecu.com apparently has a mapping created. Attack Performance is working on one I heard, if not done already. I will use a local independent repair shop in So Cal, he just picked up my switch and the Flash Tune files this week for me. I used to go straight to Flash Tune, when a friend of my sons worked there. It was a bit cheaper going through him, but that is over now. 😥
You just reminded me of a motorcycle shop near here I should talk to.. I think they might lean more towards cruisers though but worth a shot. Honestly I’m used to my Harley with its easy little plug in under a side cover to remap it so I’m not real sure how this all works on the sport bike side

·
Registered
589 Posts
The speed in the video is indicated speed, usually about a 7-10% or so errored high, so more like 120'ish if done with a GPS. Error rate is speed dependent in my experience, near top end it has been approximately 10%. Indicated here on the R1 is 121, GPS speed from the GoPro 7 is 111. I also record my sessions
Sky Motor vehicle Hood Automotive mirror Vehicle
on a Garmin GPS which matches up with the GoPro.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Stock, correct? That seems physics limited, not ECU capped, but I can't make out what the dashboard is showing.

A tuner in So Cal (So Cal Superbikes) is advertising they have a working dyno tuned flash that increased the WHP by 10. I am not sure if they used Flash Tune or another program, when I talked to them they were going to use an alternate program and it would be more expensive, then I told them that Flash Tune did have a preliminary map that increases power. Before that they did not think Flash Tune would be able to reprogram. Well, I'll see on Thursday on the track what it will do.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 Insta: @ramot.o / YouTube: RaMoto
46 Posts
Correct bike is stock minus the Quickshifter. It just would not go anymore. Maybe it would on a longer road but that’s just not worth the time to me.

If that company is speaking the truth then a 10 WHP increase is huge! Maybe you hit 135 at least on the dash at the track with a good straight. The speedometer in the video is really hard to see on video in the daylight but on my app i saw the dash hit 130 both times briefly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
On the track, 50+ mph turn in, 2/3 mile straight into a sweeper you need to set up for, I was able to get to 127.3mph, measured by Strava on my Apple watch. I could not find my Garmin. It's what I had. 🤷‍♂️🦶🦶🏿 This was a good part of the weekend, I'll tell the rest elsewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Completely stock, after 600 mile oil change, I hit 132 on speedo today, GPS speed 129. I could feel that it was definitely being limited. These bikes absolutely need ecu flash to reach their potential, they are very restricted from the factory. Time for two brothers exhaust, hordpower air intake, and ecu flash!

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 Insta: @ramot.o / YouTube: RaMoto
46 Posts
Completely stock, after 600 mile oil change, I hit 132 on speedo today, GPS speed 129. I could feel that it was definitely being limited. These bikes absolutely need ecu flash to reach their potential, they are very restricted from the factory. Time for two brothers exhaust, hordpower air intake, and ecu flash!
Did some experimenting the other day. With full exhaust, snorkel delete and reflash I hit 141 mph dash and 136 gps. That’s with 300 RPM left but the bike will dip into redline (200 rpm into the red) As I found 4th gear hits 115 mph at fuel cut.

The very first top speed video out showed the bike at 139 mph with 500 rpm left to go. Based on this and my top speed runs I’d say that every 100 rpm in 6th gear at the very top of the range is about 4 mph. So absolute max at fuel cut is somewhere in the 153-156 mph range.

Although it feels almost impossible to get there without some mods that help top end

·
Registered
1 Posts
This bike isnt made to be a fast bike. Its a feel good bike for the streets for entry level riders. HAve fun carving some corners and crusing the streets. You cant buy a new fast bike for under 10k its not going too happen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It does a little better than a turd in racing but top speed is good to know for gearing as well as aerodynamics and HP. Personally, I'd rather have an MT for street use but with all the chassis and engine upgrades of the R7. Never the less, it's interesting how much better the R7 is aerodynamically. They say it's narrower than an R3. Efficiency is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my stock R7 with about 2300 miles on it to the track and got it up to 128mph indicated on the front straight. At about 240lbs in full gear I'm definitely not the lightest rider, but the bike still pulled decently until about 120, after that it creeps up. I just did the akrapovic gp exhaust, hord power intake and 2wdw tune and it woke this bike up big time. Pulls through the gears with eagerness. I do believe that I could hit closer to 135 on the front straight of the ridge now. Next time I get a chance to do a top speed run I'll update yall.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts