Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner

LED turn signals?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  manshrew 
#1 ·
Apologies if this appears to be a dumb*ass question or has been discussed before, but can anyone tell me, are the stock turn signals LEDs? I want to install some flush mounts on the fairing but need to know whether to put in a new relay. Thanks in advance for any help.

#5 · (Edited)
You do not need a new relay.

I replaced mine with the Rizoma Corsa turn signals.

An important note, though - Yamaha changed the type of OEM connector for the front turn signals for a lot of their 2022 model year motos (including the R7) that is different from the connector on their last decade of their previous models, most of which utilized that same connector type; depending on which aftermarket turn signals you want to use, you'll want note if those say they're intended to fit previous models years in which case you might have to try to find an adapter that will bridge them to then ew connector.

In my case, Rizoma hadn't yet come out with an adapter for the 2022 Yamaha connector, but I was able to purchase the Front Turn Signal Plug from TST Industries that they make for the R7 (3-3 version in the case of my Rizomas since they had white LED running lights) that did the job/made it plug and play.

I hope that helps - I've definitely had to do a lot of research for most of my smaller part installations on this moto since several parts/part numbers changed on the 2022 models that previously were cross-compatible/utilized in many similar models of the pre-2022 Yamaha Sports Bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.