Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow riders, wondering what the average insurance cost is amongst the members is and what I should expect to be paying. I've heard elsewhere that insurance companies charge by CC? Which sounds silly since a CBR600rr is far more liable to be dangerous. I am 28 year old Southern Californian, so if anyone can speak from experience or even guestimate, I would be grateful. Want to be armed with knowledge prior to being bombarded with insurance ads and salespeople. Appreciate it, and if anyone has cost experience with new brakes, tires, oil changes with these machines all of that would be helpful in understanding the future I have just created for myself. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey fellow riders, wondering what the average insurance cost is amongst the members is and what I should expect to be paying. I've heard elsewhere that insurance companies charge by CC? Which sounds silly since a CBR600rr is far more liable to be dangerous. I am 28 year old Southern Californian, so if anyone can speak from experience or even guestimate, I would be grateful. Want to be armed with knowledge prior to being bombarded with insurance ads and salespeople. Appreciate it, and if anyone has cost experience with new brakes, tires, oil changes with these machines all of that would be helpful in understanding the future I have just created for myself. Thanks again.
welcome to motorcycles brother! As far as insurance goes obviously your gonna wanna look around for the best rates/quotes from companies. Also depends on your driving record, and what coverage you go with which I’m sure your aware of and even location, I don’t know the average of CA. But for some example, I’m 28 as well in NY, and pay about $208 with geico annually with a clean driving record.
Maintenance can get some what costly but it’s just like owning a car only it’s more fun. You can save some money by learning to do things yourself like the oil and filter change, it’s usually simple enough and there’s YouTube for a reason if you get stuck:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to motorcycles brother! As far as insurance goes obviously your gonna wanna look around for the best rates/quotes from companies. Also depends on your driving record, and what coverage you go with which I’m sure your aware of and even location, I don’t know the average of CA. But for some example, I’m 28 as well in NY, and pay about $208 with geico annually with a clean driving record.
Maintenance can get some what costly but it’s just like owning a car only it’s more fun. You can save some money by learning to do things yourself like the oil and filter change, it’s usually simple enough and there’s YouTube for a reason if you get stuck:)
Thanks so much for the reply. I also ended up with Geico. Paying 163 a month, I was hoping for an annual sub 1800, but I am still happy. Picked up the bike yesterday, R7 GP edition, paid 12,300 for it. Quite happy overall, but man do I suck at riding and feel uncomfortable. Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks so much for the reply. I also ended up with Geico. Paying 163 a month, I was hoping for an annual sub 1800, but I am still happy. Picked up the bike yesterday, R7 GP edition, paid 12,300 for it. Quite happy overall, but man do I suck at riding and feel uncomfortable. Lol
Hey man we are all new at some point! The only way to get better/more confident is time in the saddle! Maybe think about taking the msf course if you haven’t already. I took it 3 years ago and honestly had a blast.
Heck, when I first started riding I got up early in the morning to avoid the most traffic possible, found a nice big empty parking lot and just rocked some fun U-turn like leans for a couple hours. Could also practice your slow maneuvers and such. The msf course is good for that as well.

Ride within your limits, don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself for simple mistakes like stalling. Congrats on the bike bro, ride safe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey man we are all new at some point! The only way to get better/more confident is time in the saddle! Maybe think about taking the msf course if you haven’t already. I took it 3 years ago and honestly had a blast.
Heck, when I first started riding I got up early in the morning to avoid the most traffic possible, found a nice big empty parking lot and just rocked some fun U-turn like leans for a couple hours. Could also practice your slow maneuvers and such. The msf course is good for that as well.

Ride within your limits, don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself for simple mistakes like stalling. Congrats on the bike bro, ride safe!
Much appreciated, taking it day by day. Planning on doing some courses on this bike soon. I initially took a msf course but its was on a Honda Rebel. And lets just say, things done changed. I am only 5'6, and my whole body is sore from how tense I am, stressed because I am one footing and don't want to hurt my beauty. Certainly overexerting myself. And I have only been practicing in my neighborhood. Lol I am sure I will get comfortable eventually... Thanks again for the message and positive reinforcement, looking forward for this journey, and just want to come out on the other side with my bike unscathed, and myself too I guess. Mostly the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts