Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Jessica, and I received my R7 a couple weeks ago, I'm located in NE Ohio. I did the 600 mile break in and oil change in the first week I was so excited!

My plan is to race it this coming year. I did a bunch of track days this year (Nelson Ledges, PittRace, Grattan, NCM) on my 899 Panigale and wanted something a little smaller (and cheaper to fix) to take to the track.

Mods planned:
-K&N air filter installed (WERA requires stock sized opening)
-TWM keyless gap cap installed (Part # TYPR.01)
-Tank grips (received)
-Woodcraft superbike swingarm lifters (ordered)
-Woodcraft 50mm clip-ons (ordered)
-Woodcraft front axle slider kit (ordered)
-Woodcraft rear axle slider kit (ordered)
-Woodcraft bar end slider set w/guard mount (ordered)
-Woodcraft hand guard set (ordered)
-Vesrah brake pads (ordered)

-Rearsets (probably Attack Performance due to the immense adjustability compared to other brands)
-ECU tune (or Rapid Bike EVO+ Quick shift module)
-Exhaust (leaning towards Titan GP2 titanium system)
-Case sliders/covers (waiting for redesigned right side cover to come out)
-Braided brake lines
-Steering damper (Scotts vs GPR?)
-Race fairings (Sharkskinz was planned, but would like to wait and see if HotBodies comes out with a cheaper set)

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

And one of the Panigale on track:
Tire Wheel Helmet Automotive tire Motorcycle

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R1 60th WGP anniversary edition
18 Posts
Cool to have you. Sweet bikes!
Looking good on the track.

Reactions: XCLR8TN

·
Registered
96 Posts
Who's your painter? Looks fantastic!!
Me and rustoleum 😂 thanks I’m happy with how it turned out. Up close trust me there are plenty of imperfections but overall and in pictures I’m confident it will look good. Still waiting on the gold wheels to ship. Also waiting on the gold tuning forks for the tank. Waiting for Akra pipe so I can actually remount the lower. Currently the stock exhaust is on there so it’s rideable but cat doesn’t clear the lower. As you can see the theme is waiting. Congrats on the bike you’ll love it.

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R1 60th WGP anniversary edition
18 Posts
Me and rustoleum 😂 thanks I’m happy with how it turned out. Up close trust me there are plenty of imperfections but overall and in pictures I’m confident it will look good. Still waiting on the gold wheels to ship. Also waiting on the gold tuning forks for the tank. Waiting for Akra pipe so I can actually remount the lower. Currently the stock exhaust is on there so it’s rideable but cat doesn’t clear the lower. As you can see the theme is waiting. Congrats on the bike you’ll love it.
Yeah it's not being used as a show bike so who cares. As you say the photos on track will look awesome.

Reactions: kdemotorsports

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am definitely not one for strictly cosmetic changes so I am kicking myself for how much I like that tank wrap. :love:🤦‍♂️🤣🤣
I know, right? It's from Amazon and I love it lol. It looks amazing in the sun! If Yamaha ever comes out with a seat cowl, I'll probably continue the "stripe down the middle theme" and wrap it as well. Not sure if I want a number plate type thing on the front fairing but the seat cowl would definitely look good also wrapped.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know, right? It's from Amazon and I love it lol. It looks amazing in the sun! If Yamaha ever comes out with a seat cowl, I'll probably continue the "stripe down the middle theme" and wrap it as well. Not sure if I want a number plate type thing on the front fairing but the seat cowl would definitely look good also wrapped.
I'll never have a passenger on this bike, the passenger foot pegs were gone in the first 15 minutes of it arriving home. I am thinking of adapting a Sharkskin tail for now, that would be a great continuation finish on it down the center of the bike. The bike will be used for street and track, so I need to in some fashion retain road legal stuff, that is why the "adapting" part.

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll never have a passenger on this bike, the passenger foot pegs were gone in the first 15 minutes of it arriving home. I am thinking of adapting a Sharkskin tail for now, that would be a great continuation finish on it down the center of the bike. The bike will be used for street and track, so I need to in some fashion retain road legal stuff, that is why the "adapting" part.
I guess I should have looked before I spoke! https://shopyamaha.com/product/details/yzf-r7-rear-seat-cowl

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bar end sliders plus lever guards, what setup are you planning? I liked my RG lever guard, which also functioned very well as a bar end slider, I'm not sure I've seen a setup with both. Do you have this on the Panagale?

I would liked the Graves style lever guard but they are pricey, the RG is only $70 or so. Spend that hundred on something else. I like those Woodcraft axle sliders, I put TST on the rear but I do not like them. It is supposed to also be used as a lift point but it's too wide and too high to be useful. Now I know where that extra hundred is going!

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bar end sliders plus lever guards, what setup are you planning? I liked my RG lever guard, which also functioned very well as a bar end slider, I'm not sure I've seen a setup with both. Do you have this on the Panagale?

I would liked the Graves style lever guard but they are pricey, the RG is only $70 or so. Spend that hundred on something else. I like those Woodcraft axle sliders, I put TST on the rear but I do not like them. It is supposed to also be used as a lift point but it's too wide and too high to be useful. Now I know where that extra hundred is going!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue Hood Automotive design

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle fork Blue Cat Bicycle part

^^^
All woodcraft pieces. But can’t be used with the OEM bars, that’s why I bought clip ons as well.

I currently have zero protection on the Panigale bc the titanium rear axle I have is smaller ID and my Woodcraft sliders don’t work!

·
Registered
189 Posts
View attachment 455
View attachment 454
^^^
All woodcraft pieces. But can’t be used with the OEM bars, that’s why I bought clip ons as well.

I currently have zero protection on the Panigale bc the titanium rear axle I have is smaller ID and my Woodcraft sliders don’t work!
I've thought about trying to remove the stock clip on bars, they should be threaded on and able to unscrew, then pound the center insert out somehow to open up options. That damn insert will not be coming out any other way except with a bunch of heat and I don't want to do that.

I'm 6' tall and I am very comfortable with the stock reach, I don't want to move the bars forward at all. Desicions Desicions. 🤔

1 - 19 of 19 Posts