Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking my baby up today. A little back story, I was in a hit and run in Feb of this year. Totaled my first bike. A brand new MT-03 2020 and to top it off they found the guy but he got away with everything (long story) anyways this is my 2nd bike and I'm so psyched I picked this over the R6. It was just too much money for a track only bike and I've only been riding barely a year so no way was that gonna help me but anyways I'll pot more pics later. I already have the Yoshimura full exhaust here at home waiting for it. Good times ahead Fam!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 1st gen 600cc Kawasaki four that put out 74 HP and didn't use servos and exhaust valves to get any low end power like newer 100+ HP 600s. It doesn't pull as hard as the R7 down low but doesn't need to be kept revved up to enjoy like a current 600 does.

·
Registered
2022R7
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1st gen 600cc Kawasaki four that put out 74 HP and didn't use servos and exhaust valves to get any low end power like newer 100+ HP 600s. It doesn't pull as hard as the R7 down low but doesn't need to be kept revved up to enjoy like a current 600 does.
That's dope, I've personally never been into Kawasaki but that H2 they make is ridiculously fast Jesus! Lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
I try not to be brand loyal because all manufacturers have good and bad bikes. The ZX600 was the first in it's class so if you wanted a high performance middle weight back then, that's what you got. The following year, Honda Hurricanes ruled. I almost bought one but backed out and bought a Hawk GT a few years later instead. The only Yamahas I had before that was a couple RD350s and an RD400 later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts