Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the tail light is the exact same as the R1. Does anyone know if any existing fender eliminators for other yamaha bikes are a direct fit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The mounting points seems very similar. Yoshimura is saying their MT-07 fender eliminator will work. Same for the R77 exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bro thank you I have been looking for it since I got my 2022 R7 in black tho .. im gonna go look up that one right now.. easy to install?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only difficulty I had was installing the two plastic pop rivets below the brake light, above the license plate light, It's a real tight fit between those two.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only difficulty I had was installing the two plastic pop rivets below the brake light, above the license plate light, It's a real tight fit between those two.
Sweet thank you ordered that same fender eliminator.. now to do a slip on exhaust and im good for a few lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats, I'm looking foward to an exhaust too. But not a slip on, the R7 has a muffler similar to a car. So a slip on might be out of the question. I would highly suggest a full system and if you can't aford the $700 Hiroshima or what ever its called. Ebay has the same system for under $200 and amazon for about $300. This is were its at and would be better than adding a tip to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats, I'm looking foward to an exhaust too. But not a slip on, the R7 has a muffler similar to a car. So a slip on might be out of the question. I would highly suggest a full system and if you can't aford the $700 Hiroshima or what ever its called. Ebay has the same system for under $200 and amazon for about $300. This is were its at and would be better than adding a tip to the stock exhaust. View attachment 170
Hey thank you I can deff spend the money to make sure I get it done right but I heard if you replace the whole thing you need to get a ecu flash or whatever cuz you take off the catalytic convertor or somn ..

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the full exhaust on for a week before getting it flashed. The bike ran fine without the flash and it sounds really good. I have the Yoshimura R-77.

Places are working on a ECU flash programs but they are not being offered to the public yet. There is still talk of it not being possible to do, but I can assure it, it is possible and you do get a quite noticeable power increase. The only issue I have with the ECU flash now are check engine and ABS lights, but I am not too concerned with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Were you able to block off the hold where the OEM extender comes out of underneath? I was in an email exchange with a manufacture that's developing a fender eliminator kit and tail light with integrated turn signals for the R7, and asked them if their kit for the R6 would work since it looks so similar, but they mentioned something about the block off plate for the underside not being the same dimensions.

I can't see that part in the pictures you posted - do you just have the wiring hanging down behind the plate or did the kit for the MT-07 work to clean that up?

Also, would you mind sharing your process for which panels you removed/removed the hardware from to loosen everything? I've been wanting to chop the stock fender off, but am a bit worried about chaffing/marring up the plastics in the process since they seem to be particularly soft on this bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Were you able to block off the hold where the OEM extender comes out of underneath? I was in an email exchange with a manufacture that's developing a fender eliminator kit and tail light with integrated turn signals for the R7, and asked them if their kit for the R6 would work since it looks so similar, but they mentioned something about the block off plate for the underside not being the same dimensions.

I can't see that part in the pictures you posted - do you just have the wiring hanging down behind the plate or did the kit for the MT-07 work to clean that up?

Also, would you mind sharing your process for which panels you removed/removed the hardware from to loosen everything? I've been wanting to chop the stock fender off, but am a bit worried about chaffing/marring up the plastics in the process since they seem to be particularly soft on this bike.
I did it wasn't very hard I'll have to get a diff picture or post another one for you .. the light cords kinda see a lil bit but nothing ugly or really noticeable.. it wasn't to hard of a job I did it with no guide and I don't work on bikes much..

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you fit the stock blinkers on? Did you have to saw off the little piece inside? Wish I knew this before I took it all apart lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
How did you fit the stock blinkers on? Did you had to saw off the little piece inside? Wish I knew this before I took it all apart lol
Mine was jus held in by a plastic like push clamp that held it on I used the same oem signals and clamps that it had I can get you a better pic in jus a sec

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was jus held in by a plastic like push clamp that held it on I used the same oem signals and clamps that it had I can get you a better pic in jus a sec
I’m talking about this. You sawed it off? Just realized it’s in the description of the Amazon item. Now I gotta find somewhere that can do it for me😂

1 - 20 of 31 Posts