Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022R7
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the MT07 after market exhausts fit on the R7? Right now there is 0 parts for the bike except a couple directly from Yamaha, but I wonder if MT07 exhaust and headers will fit on the R7?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Will the MT07 after market exhausts fit on the R7? Right now there is 0 parts for the bike except a couple directly from Yamaha, but I wonder if MT07 exhaust and headers will fit on the R7?
Welcome to the forum @GnarDoggs! It's hard to say since it's so new right now. Have you reached out to any companies to see what they say?

·
Registered
2022 R7
9 Posts
The MT-07 exhaust does fit, but you need to do some modification at the rear brake area, as it hits the bracket there. There is a video on youtube of a guy that has an AF exhaust on his R7, not sure of the brand of exhaust, I will try an find video.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The MT-07 exhaust does fit, but you need to do some modification at the rear brake area, as it hits the bracket there. There is a video on youtube of a guy that has an AF exhaust on his R7, not sure of the brand of exhaust, I will try an find video.
I installed a Yosh R-77 and had no issue. I know others here have gone with the same and they did not say they have any issues.

·
Registered
2022 R7
9 Posts
I installed a Yosh R-77 and had no issue. I know others here have gone with the same and they did not say they have any issues.
Awesome, glad to hear it fits! yeah I don't know what Exhaust brand it was The guy on the video installed from the MT07, he just said he had to modify the rear brake area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the shorty full system that I kept from my FZ07 and it mounted right up with no issues. I didn't put a single mile on the bike til that was changed! I'll flash the ECU at some point, I don't agree with the people that think the bike will just melt & explode if you don't flash it with an exhaust change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts