Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 GP60TH
22 Posts
Oh, I think you are you talking about a spool you attach the mirror to? A 7/8" or so spool that you can bolt on? I think I see, as they normally come with an internal mounting part attached. I 3D printed mine. Hmmmm, where to get that......
Well yes the bar is 7/8th however revzilla said I needed the crg billet adapter to fit the crg hindsight mirror well to my surprise when I took the bar end off the bars themselves as you know are not hallow they have that insert.
So I see my options are smash that insert in with a hammer and then use the crg billet adapter or find an adapter that will work with the stock bars and bar end.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah, this is why I ended up printing one, it was much easier.
I wouldn't smash the CRG adapter with a hammer, but you should be able to cut the part you don't want off with a hacksaw etc. I think that comes with an M8 bolt so you'll need a washer to use a smaller bolt..

Or heat up the end some and try to bash the center in. I'm not sure if the bars ends unscrew, that would make it too easy.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha R7 GP60TH
22 Posts
Yeah, this is why I ended up printing one, it was much easier.
I wouldn't smash the CRG adapter with a hammer, but you should be able to cut the part you don't want off with a hacksaw etc. I think that comes with an M8 bolt so you'll need a washer to use a smaller bolt..

Or heat up the end some and try to bash the center in. I'm not sure if the bars ends unscrew, that would make it too easy.
My BAD I meant smash the insert thats in the bars already so i can fit the billet adapter normally. Another option is yes grind off the billet insert use a spacer and bolt to secure it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
That was suggested on here to me when I asked that question. LOL I have been thinking about taking a look at the CRG mount, it should be pretty simple to cut the excess off, but for now the 3D one is working fine.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts