Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question ..Do you have to remove the mirrors to remove and Replace the the windscreen on the R7?

thank in advance..

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a video on youtube for r6 windshield replacement. Exactly what I did. Pop the 4 plastic screws and pull up on the OEM windshield to remove. Takes some force to remove, but installing new one just slides in. This is the video I followed. Also installed the dark smoke zero gravity windscreen. Might be a bit different if you are installing a different brand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the smoked sprint screen from yamaha shop. I had to remove the mirrors, it was tough enough getting the original out and about the same effort getting the new one in. I wouldn't have been able to do it without removing the mirrors, it felt like something was going to break when I had the mirrors on trying to remove the original screen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah and I believe you are correct when installing an oem windscreen. There is a tab that is non existent on the zero gravity. I believe it gets sandwiched between front cowl and something else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah and I believe you are correct when installing an oem windscreen. There is a tab that is non existent on the zero gravity. I believe it gets sandwiched between front cowl and something else.
Yeah I'll just take em off..it's not that big a deal just 4 nuts..

·
Registered
2022 YZF-R7 Team Yamaha Blue
36 Posts
There’s definitely a tab on the Yamaha R7 smoke windscreen that’s goes before the mirrors like the stock clear one. I installed the Yamaha smoked one and it would have never went on if I didn’t remove the mirrors.

It’s easy enough to remove the 2 nuts per mirror to remove them so you don’t break something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts