Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner

Blinker mod

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ryan904 
#1 ·
I was thinking if there was a way if we can connect the blinkers to the led white lights on the front so they can also blink. Might be setting cool and i feel like they missed an opportunity to add.
Also does anyone know where that dc auxiliary cord is located? Can't seem to find it.

#3 ·
I was thinking if there was a way if we can connect the blinkers to the led white lights on the front so they can also blink. Might be setting cool and i feel like they missed an opportunity to add.
Also does anyone know where that dc auxiliary cord is located? Can't seem to find it.
Welcome to the forum @Servain! How long have you had your R7 for? It's annoying, in the manual it doesn't say where the DC connector, just that the R7 has one...

#4 ·
I have already spoken to mnnthbx.com about this idea back in June. They need a loaner bike to develop the parts. More bikes are popping up now, so they may already be in process. They are in Tennessee. If anyone is around there, they could help get them built, as well as plugs for the fairing holes where the OEMs were.

#5 · (Edited)
Regarding the aux power connector... This is a picture from an older FZ07 of its auxiliary DC power connector. I have not confirmed yet if it is the same on the R7, though this is the first place I'd look. It appears to be a white connector on the clutch-lever side of the bike, tucked-in forward of the throttle-body(TB) and the frame member. Wires: Red/Yellow is positive, Black/White is negative.

#6 ·
I thought the same, like the cars that switch from the white to the amber for signals. Come on Yamaha!

#7 ·
I'm a User Experience designer and I immediately thought that would have made more sense too, but I fear they didn't because of stringent government regulations. Is any other brand doing it in the white lights/headlight? I just went with TST flush mounts and an integrated tail light and love the look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.