Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This the bike stand set in question. Would this be a viable option?
Bicycle part Font Rim Bicycle drivetrain part Auto part

Product Bicycle part Line Triangle Font
Wheel Bicycle part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Rim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Watch and learn young grasshopper.

Being cheap costs you more money in the long run. Spend the money on a good quality set. I have had, (favorites based on quality in order), pitbull, woodcraft, vortex, all top quality. The one time I went cheap, I came out and found my zx10 on its side due to the cheap rearstand giving out. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like the other dude said you get what you pay for pit bull is definitely the most stable stand on the market(I’ve got one that I still use and bought it used back in 2014) but woodcraft is my favorite for at the race track easy lift the bike, adjustable so I can keep the tire low to the ground for faster/easier tire changes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As a non american, any other good brands? Oxford? Diavol? PowerStands?
No idea if they would even ship to my little eastern european country, and if they do the total cost is probably gonna double due to shipping >_>

Edit: Here's pitbulls shipping quote
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 3 sets of stands……… Pit Bull, Pit Posse and Venom. The Venom front stand is OK, but the rear I do not like. The Pit Posse rear stand is the best, it has dual wheels on both sides and can lift both spools or the swing arm. The Pit Bull set I have had for close to 15 years, no issues. For the best bang for your buck, go with the Pit Posse, cheaper than the Pit Bull.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Bicycle tire

·
Registered
488 Posts
The first stand set my son bought was that Venom set. The front will definitely contact the stock plastics under the headlight, you can remove the little fairing piece though fairly easy, two bolts, two plastic rivets. The rear, we've never had a problem with but it has always been used gingerly, and you have to always make sure the holding screws into the mount holders are tight, they loosen up easily just from simple use. Since there isn't one available, I made a mount so I could use GP lift.

Like the others have said, you get what you pay for and they covered the reasons. I have mostly Pit Bull stands, front and rear, and one Woodcraft front triple lift, either are much more solid lifts, the Venom doesn't really compare. We only use the Venom rear lift now for a bike that has spools, and to just sit on. I will be getting a Woodcraft rear stand for the reason Brendan brought up about adjustable height for when changing rear tires. A huge improvement to changing the rear is having that assembly captive, changing the rear is breeze now. The Fast Frank work and captive spacers. <Chef's kiss>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts