Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new attack performance rearsets. This was a direct install with no mods for the track. I removed the rear brake light switch. It took me about 40 minutes to install and make adjustments. To get it just right for me. I will post pictures soon. Also I had to order them thru racing program. Should b available to public very soon.

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
54 Posts
Just installed my new attack performance rearsets. This was a direct install with no mods for the track. I removed the rear brake light switch. It took me about 40 minutes to install and make adjustments. To get it just right for me. I will post pictures soon. Also I had to order them thru racing program. Should b available to public very soon.
Are they listed specifically for the R7?

I checked their site a few days ago for rearsets, nothing listed. Still nothing listed as of today but this is exciting, as I wanted to go with them for rearsets.

Pics please!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here are a couple of pics of the installation of Attack Performance rearsets on my R7. I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam, so I needed more room. I currently set for all the way down and back.

The shift side in this picture the lever is about a 1/4" low for me and the lever length is about 1/4" long. You can see the shift rod is too short for this setting so ordering a longer one.

On the brake side it is also set all the way down and back. I decided to keep the brake light for now so I reused the stock components and added a short connector from the spring to the lever. I had to relieve (dent) the exhaust shroud under the brake lever to get room for movement. The brake lever itself is about 1/4" too high, maybe 3/8" adjusted to its lowest point. I might make a shorter clevis or see about a different lever or lever end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts