Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No rides yet, the clutch lever is on though. I like the color, look and feel. Master has the lever on it but it's not installed on a bike right now. For the master, the rubber boot on the actuator rod part pulls right out, it's just a pressed in dust seal. I took that boot off and put it over the new rod that comes with the new lever. I'm not sure if I was supposed to move it, if it mattered, I of course did not read the instructions. ASV has lots of adjustment on both.
Automotive tire Blue Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle Automotive design

Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire Bicycle frame

Bicycle part Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive design Carbon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any chance this setup gives us a little more adjustment on rotating the lever around the bar? I could use a little more adjustment than stock allows. The banjo hits the fork.
Negative. You can loosen the banjo and rotate the line but I forget if the master has a stop molded into it. Another limiting factor in rotating the master is the line to the reservoir. You'd have to replace that line or bend the mount (for the reservoir) if you need to rotate it more. Mine is already stretched to the point i can't rotate it further downward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Negative. You can loosen the banjo and rotate the line but I forget if the master has a stop molded into it. Another limiting factor in rotating the master is the line to the reservoir. You'd have to replace that line or bend the mount (for the reservoir) if you need to rotate it more. Mine is already stretched to the point i can't rotate it further downward.
Good to know! Thanks for reporting back so quickly. I'll live with what I have for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts