Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a black R7 in California in case anyone is thinking of selling theirs. I'm located in SoCal, but can pick up wherever with my truck. Cash in hand and ready to buy. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They seems to be slim pickings here in So Cal. Do you usually ride Chuck? I'd like to get back out there soon. Well not too soon, its already hot there.
Seems like CA got all the blue and anniversary ones. All the black ones I've found are in other states.

Yep I ride at Chuck pretty often on my 400. Such a great track but parts of the surface are coming loose. Hopefully they repave soon. Have you rode your R7 at Buttonwillow yet?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes, a couple times so far. Have you been there? I've done 13 both ways and 26 on the R7. I was thinking of going for Fathers Day but my son needs some suit repairs, it will likely be over 100 degrees, and I have a trip to the east coast scheduled days later I cannot miss. That is not good to hear about the surface at Chuck. Is it all around or particular sections? I'd like to get out there but it will be hot as well right now. Streets would be fun on the R7, there are dates coming up in July (HOT). I'd like to see how it's resurfacing came out. The big track has dates too, but it's just not as much fun on anything but a big bike.

Pasadena Yamaha has gotten a few black ones in. The first was blue, mine, the second I think was black and it's been about a 50/50 mix since then. Looking at their IG, the last two were blue. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, yes many times at BW over the years. Streets is amazing now with the repave, except for the skid pad which they didn't fix. Have you tried Spring Mountain yet? That would be a great one for the R7, and the surface is perfect. Chuck has pretty big cracks all over, but the worst sections are 4/5, 10, and 16 since the asphalt is coming out right on the race line. Still rideable, but just have to be cautious.

I'll give the Pasadena dealer a call to see what they have in stock. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
541 Posts
At least let them know you are interested, they can add you to the notification list.

Have not tried Spring Mountain but numerous friends have been a few times now, they really like it. Their video's look great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I called and they said they wanted $13.4k OTD new, which is higher than anywhere else I was quoted. No black ones in stock at the moment either. They said to follow their IG to check when one comes in. Will probably save a couple thousand on a leftover 2022 once the 2023 comes out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts