Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamaha makes a GYTR race kit for the R7. Has anybody checked into that? Comes with Akrapovic exhaust, Ohlins fork kit and shock, clip ons, braided lines, rear sets, and race bodywork I believe.

·
Registered
2022 R7 - Blue
28 Posts
Located here in NW PA and curious if anyone else racing their NEW R7???

Racing in WERA mostly this year, hopefully see a few others out there.
NW PA eh? I'm in NE OH. My plan is to get my race license next year and take the R7 racing in WERA. I did a bunch of track days on my Panigale this year (grattan, mid-o, pitt, NCM) and decided having a smaller displacement (Japanese) bike to learn on, in a lower class may be a good thing. :) Hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
NW PA eh? I'm in NE OH. My plan is to get my race license next year and take the R7 racing in WERA. I did a bunch of track days on my Panigale this year (grattan, mid-o, pitt, NCM) and decided having a smaller displacement (Japanese) bike to learn on, in a lower class may be a good thing. :) Hope to see you out there!
You and me both. Seem's like a lot of us wanting to race are make ng the same move.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will be trying to squeeze some track days in next season at NYST. Most of my riding is done on the street but I purchased the bike to have as a beginner track toy. Nearly purchased a Triumph Trident but I had to step back and rethink my life. Track or no track? The answer was R7!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will be trying to squeeze some track days in next season at NYST. Most of my riding is done on the street but I purchased the bike to have as a beginner track toy. Nearly purchased a Triumph Trident but I had to step back and rethink my life. Track or no track? The answer was R7!
I was looking at the 660 but just didn't want to deal with Ape reliability. I constantly hear bad shit when googling Ape stuff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was looking at the 660 but just didn't want to deal with Ape reliability. I constantly hear bad shit when googling Ape stuff.
That’s what I wanted and almost purchased before the R7. However the dealerships that had them in stock couldn’t even sell them because of the engine recall. So I’m glad I ended up with the R7 instead I’m confident there will be fewer issues with it long term.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts