Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha YZF-R7 “Blurple” ; formerly 2001 Suzuki TL1000R Yellow ; ordered 2022 Honda Grom Yellow.
57 Posts
Changed the oil in mine tonight at 610 miles. I've adjusted my throttle cables twice thus far. The slack really does set in quite a bit during the break-in period. Looking forward to more fun with the R7. :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's the same filter as nearly all Yamaha's, if you want OEM. 5GH-13440-xx-00 The xx is the version number, it's up to 71 now, but any with the rest of the number will work. For Mobil 1 filters it's the M1-108A (2.5") OR M1-110 (3.5"). There is no clearance issue with the 110. I had used Bosch filters for years but I have had problems with them in the last year, three different bikes leaked from the seal, so no more Bosch for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's the same filter as nearly all Yamaha's, if you want OEM. 5GH-13440-xx-00 The xx is the version number, it's up to 71 now, but any with the rest of the number will work. For Mobil 1 filters it's the M1-108A (2.5") OR M1-110 (3.5"). There is no clearance issue with the 110. I had used Bosch filters for years but I have had problems with them in the last year, three different bikes leaked from the seal, so no more Bosch for me.
Have you had a good experience with Mobil 1 filters for your motorcycles? I’ve been using K&N because I can’t get ahold of OEM ones because they keep getting lost in the mail (P.O. Box) so I have to resort to the local stores (which obviously don’t have jack &[email protected] when it comes to parts). And I hear horror stories about K&N… which leaves me to Mobil 1 which is the only other widely available brand at Walmart, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trying to follow the break in procedure the best I can, cant wait for the 1000 mile mark so I can keep the RPM up.
I ordered the tinted windshield Ill post when I get that!
View attachment 88
Great job on following breakin..but I didn’t listen ..got it up to red line and the white light came on…still running even with a aftermarket pipe…these new bikes are different now with the break ins… changing oils is key!! Lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Have you had a good experience with Mobil 1 filters for your motorcycles? I’ve been using K&N because I can’t get ahold of OEM ones because they keep getting lost in the mail (P.O. Box) so I have to resort to the local stores (which obviously don’t have jack &[email protected] when it comes to parts). And I hear horror stories about K&N… which leaves me to Mobil 1 which is the only other widely available brand at Walmart, etc.
Ha, I just saw this question. I have never had a problem with Mobil 1 filters and they have always been easy to obtain. Every AutoZone, NAPA, Wal Mart, etc seems to carries them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's strange that they didn't tell you the 204 is what the Yamaha part number cross-references to. The 204 also fits many other makes and models so don't think the one they'd offer for the R7 is going to be something different or have a relief valve pressure equal to what a Yamaha filter would have. Tests have shown that most aftermarket valves open too soon which lets unfiltered oil thru.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reall
That's strange that they didn't tell you the 204 is what the Yamaha part number cross-references to. The 204 also fits many other makes and models so don't think the one they'd offer for the R7 is going to be something different or have a relief valve pressure equal to what a Yamaha filter would have. Tests have shown that most aftermarket valves open too soon which lets unfiltered oil thru.
really?? 204 fits eh…. Lol the email said they don’t have one for my years which is 2022 R7 oh well…. Just like how some people doesn’t think a certain exhaust will fit when it is the same engine as the MT 07 with a few modifications to the R7…. Scary that KN sent me that email

·
Registered
158 Posts
They haven't updated their list in a long time. They're still using an old cross-referenced Yamaha number 5GH-13440-50-00 but it's been superceded twice over the years. Older bikes show that number as superceded but the R7 is too new to list it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.