Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha YZF-R7 “Blurple” ; formerly 2001 Suzuki TL1000R Yellow ; ordered 2022 Honda Grom Yellow.
51 Posts
Changed the oil in mine tonight at 610 miles. I've adjusted my throttle cables twice thus far. The slack really does set in quite a bit during the break-in period. Looking forward to more fun with the R7. :D

·
Registered
2022R7
88 Posts
What oil filter did you use and where'd you get it? I can't find one for the R7 on RevZilla or Partzilla.....the only thing I hate about this bike is how new it is, it's so hard to find parts ughhh

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's the same filter as nearly all Yamaha's, if you want OEM. 5GH-13440-xx-00 The xx is the version number, it's up to 71 now, but any with the rest of the number will work. For Mobil 1 filters it's the M1-108A (2.5") OR M1-110 (3.5"). There is no clearance issue with the 110. I had used Bosch filters for years but I have had problems with them in the last year, three different bikes leaked from the seal, so no more Bosch for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Different brands of oil filters have relief valve pressures that are all over the place compared to OEM. Most use pressures that are far lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts