Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bit the bullet and purchased a Akropovic Loop type exhaust. I have been looking for months and it seemed like a lot of places were sold out of it. I had to do a few mods to make it fit properly because it is actually made for the MT07 as many of you may know already, but I’m definitely satisfied with the outcome and the sound…

Hand tool Wood Finger Automotive tire Bumper

i had to Notch out the Akro braket so that it would mount flush with the Frame. Area that is notched on the bracket will be covered by rear sets and side panel
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset

Ended up using a flat type of bolt instead of the one supplied for the carbon bracket.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

It clears the swing arm, but I had to turn around the brake master pin that connects to the rear brake so that the cotter pin would be facing the outside for even more clearance.
I also added “2” half inch spacers on the Right side rear set to add more clearance and got longer metric grade 8 bolts with the same screw pitch. It’s still slightly rubs the brake bracket but I can live with it…
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any thought of bridging the opening that was cut out? There shouldn't be a tremendous amount of strain, but just in case.
I’t actually bolts up on the left side to the original R7 exhaust bracket. But you could bridge the gap if u wanted… I cut it out because that area on the rear set bracket is slightly raised. It wouldn’t allow for the Akropovic bracket to sit flush with the frame

1 - 3 of 3 Posts