Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't like that bigass cat, it's a cat right? Really hope they release a catless racing spec pipe.

I believe Yoshi has a catless version and graves is absent the cat as well.

I know it's for euro spec 5 and it's a euro based company but we buy a lot of this stuff state side.

·
Registered
2022R7
101 Posts
Hi all,

I noticed that Akrapovic has recently listed their first exhaust specifically for the R7 while wondering around their website Akrapovič

Thoughts?
View attachment 429
Thank you for posting this I've been waiting for this and the Graves, Graves released theirs a month ago but I just checked the akro site like 3 days ago and it wasn't posted yet. Thank!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,

I noticed that Akrapovic has recently listed their first exhaust specifically for the R7 while wondering around their website Akrapovič

Thoughts?
I saw that. Had high hopes for a catless system. I've decided to go with the SC Project CR-T. It installs with no modification, 10 lbs weight reduction, and sounds fierce. Also going to do a hordpower intake and tune. Should be good for 5+ horsepower. MT07 guys were getting close to 10 with a Yoshi pipe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw that. Had high hopes for a catless system. I've decided to go with the SC Project CR-T. It installs with no modification, 10 lbs weight reduction, and sounds fierce. Also going to do a hordpower intake and tune. Should be good for 5+ horsepower. MT07 guys were getting close to 10 with a Yoshi pipe.
I gotta keep the stock airbox for WERA superstock rules. We'll see what I can work around! My street R7 is def going HordPower though!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some of the wera rules are pretty dumb.... wish they were little more open across the different organizations. What are your thougths on the ABS? use it or ditch it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Literally have the same exhaust sitting here ready to have a full cat less titanium system designed to fit perfectly just like this!
Was going to be done today but will work on it this weekend, don't think it will be as torquey as my twin GP2 system, but it will be very lightweight and sound great as they always do!

·
Registered
15 Posts
ish they were little more open across the
Some of the wera rules are pretty dumb.... wish they were little more open across the different organizations. What are your thougths on the ABS? use it or ditch it?
I'm going to ditch it for the track. I've seen the options out there but waiting to see what else comes down the pipe. I'd like to do a full system delete but the price on it is rough. I'll probably just bypass the pump and get some block-off banjo bolts for now until I figure out what system I'll use for the delete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts