Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Registered and became a member here last November and finally picked up a 2022 Yamaha YZF-R7 in black.

Bought it yesterday from a nice guy that put on 600 miles in the year that he had it. Bike is showroom stock and already had its 600 mile check done at the dealership. Really wish they wouldn't have as some of the fasteners are in the wrong place and two of them are missing.

Anywho... neat little bike and should have some fun on it.

· Registered
64 Posts
Registered and became a member here last November and finally picked up a 2022 Yamaha YZF-R7 in black.

Bought it yesterday from a nice guy that put on 600 miles in the year that he had it. Bike is showroom stock and already had its 600 mile check done at the dealership. Really wish they wouldn't have as some of the fasteners are in the wrong place and two of them are missing.

Anywho... neat little bike and should have some fun on it.
Welcome to the forum @sparky80 and congrats on getting your R7! How does it compare to other bikes you've owned/ridden?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @sparky80 and congrats on getting your R7! How does it compare to other bikes you've owned/ridden?
I've owned MANY bikes (over 30) and it's unfair to compare it to many of them. Basically, unfair to compare it to any inline 4 bike as it just doesn't have the power or smoothness of any of them.

Guess the closest thing would be the Ninja 400 that I owned. Same inline 2 configuration but quite a bit more power. I had an FZ-07 in the past, and that one seemed to wheelie more... but don't recall having as much power as the R7. So, in that regard... I was quite happy with it.

This is a bike you have to buy knowing that it's HP numbers aren't that high and have to set your expectations based on what the bike is, not what you assume it can be... as most folks will compare it to an I4 engine.

It'll be my trackbike and have fun around town kinda bike. I've always been a Yamaha guy, and will hang out in the garage next to my beautiful FJR1300 and my Yamaha scooter.

I just wish that Yammie made them all blue without the matte/dull finish on them. Got the black one as I like shiny things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts