Yamaha YZF-R7 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 1k miles of 150 mile round trip commute daily in the sf bay area @ 48yrs old
I've had 2 r6s and it's just as uncomfortable (I knew what I was getting into) & YAH ITS NOT AS FAST (duhhh) but it's a great sounding bike w/m4 "FROM MOTOBROS" especially when lane splitting so far about 42mpg avg.... quit worrying what others think if you enjoy it that's all that matters mate...
"RUBBERSIDEDOWN"
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Photograph

·
Registered
489 Posts
It is supposed to be nearly identical geometry to the R6, I keep meaning to measure the reach, that might be the big difference maker. I definitely don't want the bars forward any more, it is really comfortable right where they are. Now that Woodcraft released a 0° clip on I might switch to those, if only to push the master cylinder out a little bit for more adjustment in the lever height. I like the stock peg height too, I did switch to a preferred footpeg mounted to the stock set. Comfy bike for sure!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
This is why I do not want to move the bars forward, way too comfortable now. My R6 is a 2007 too, with Woodcraft clip-ons and a Sato rearset, so could be a bit different. I need to measure, but seat of the pants, I can only take so much of the R6, for a variety of reasons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts